EmpireTech Model PTZ1A225-HNR-XA

Cold-Lemonade

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone have a PTZ1A255-HNR-XA form EmpireTech? If so, how do you like it?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Two of my neighbors each have one and they love them.

It is basically the great 49225 but in a different format factor and can look straight up with more movement range.

They are great for sky or plane watching.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I think it looks cool. I have been trying to find a reason to get one...

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
SD8A820WA-HNF is probably the best ptz I've seen in this forum from the short video Parley posted a while back. Maybe only the newest 8MP 45x PTZ SD8C845FG-HNF (looney2ns review)today can match it. Although we haven't seen the night videos of the new camera yet.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
SD8A820WA-HNF is probably the best ptz I've seen in this forum from the short video Parley posted a while back. Maybe only the newest 8MP 45x PTZ SD8C845FG-HNF (looney2ns review)today can match it. Although we haven't seen the night videos of the new camera yet.
Looking at the specifications it looks like it could be a real contender. There has been a lot of progress made since my PTZ's came out. The cameras I have with the 1/1.2" sensor have damn good night vision.

Cold-Lemonade

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You mean for use in BI? Yes. Go to PTZ tab in BI and try the Dahua protocol. One of them will work.
I was thinking more generically, in the sense of will any ONVIF compatible software control the PTZ abilities of this camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking more generically, in the sense of will any ONVIF compatible software control the PTZ abilities of this camera.
Yes and no. PTZ and audio don't have a strict ONVIF protocol so as long as the software allows you to change a protocol to find a working one you should be ok.