Empiretech/Loryta 5442 firmwares

Krieger

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm purchasing a mix of 2.8, 3.6, and 6mm Loryta cameras from empiretech. On my 2.8mm camera, the firmware is dated V2.840.15OG008.0.R, Build Date: 2022-02-18, on my 3.6mm camera the firmware is dated V2.820.15OG001.0.R, Build Date: 2021-05-25. These were both purchased within the past 3 days. I would like to have all my 5442 cameras running the same fw version, but the only firmware I can find on the forum is dated back to june of 2021. I tried checking DahuaWiki but can't seem to find any firmwares on there for the 5442 cameras. The only thing I can find is a N45DJ62 firmware, which looks like it may use the same sensor.

Is there any place I can grab the latest firmware? Or should I auto update them? I'm doing this to make setup of my cameras easier by creating a master config and then importing that config to each camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
General rule of thumb is if the cameras are working for your needs, don't fix what ain't broke. Too many instances we have seen people update for the sake of updating (I want them all on the same firmware) and then something happens. Especially now with all the different chipset differences companies have had to use, it may work great on one chipset and be problematic on another chipset for the same camera model.

Here are issues I have seen people report here where they were upgrading just for the sake of upgrading:
  • A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind.
  • The Dahua 49225 and 49425 PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind - yes Dahua intentionally eliminated autotracking with a firmware update.
  • The Hikvision DS-2DEA425IW-DW PTZ that loses autotracking with an update comes to mind - yes Hik intentionally eliminated autotracking with a firmware update.
  • A Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen.
  • A Hikvision ANPR DS-2CD4A26FWD camera that lost all ability to read plates - kinda makes the camera useless.
  • A Hikvision camera that the user lost ability to control the LED light function at night.
  • A Hikvision wifi camera that loses the ability to use wifi after a firmware update - yes they intentionally deleted the ability to use wifi.
  • Hikvision iVM4200 v3.8 - loses the free ability to use the computer as storage.
  • Dahua IPC-HFW1320S that started phoning home using 60MB/hr and costing someone thousands of dollars in data overages.
  • Dahua 5442 that will not allow playback of the SD card.
  • Countless other instances where the camera or NVR simply bricked and became useless.
  • Countless examples where the camera or NVR went into Chinese.

DO NOT AUTO UPDATE THEM - in fact they shouldn't even be touching the internet.

With that said if you decide to update them, the firmware from Andy will be better than the firmware from Dahua as we provide suggestions that they then make but don't push out to their website. Andy's firmware will have SMD3.0 and Smart IR.

Here is where Andy puts out the latest firmware. Usually the first post and is updated there, but sometimes they may be further back, so if it isn't on the first post, then go to the last and work backwards.

Last edited:

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
General rule of thumb is if the cameras are working for your needs, don't fix what ain't broke.
I can attest to this. I bricked a dahua ptz a few years ago and have spent countless hours trying to recover it to no avail.

Krieger

n3wb
Reaction score
General rule of thumb is if the cameras are working for your needs, don't fix what ain't broke. Too many instances we have seen people update for the sake of updating (I want them all on the same firmware) and then something happens. Especially now with all the different chipset differences companies have had to use, it may work great on one chipset and be problematic on another chipset for the same camera model.

Here are issues I have seen people report here where they were upgrading just for the sake of upgrading:
  • A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind.
  • The Dahua 49225 and 49425 PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind - yes Dahua intentionally eliminated autotracking with a firmware update.
  • The Hikvision DS-2DEA425IW-DW PTZ that loses autotracking with an update comes to mind - yes Hik intentionally eliminated autotracking with a firmware update.
  • A Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen.
  • A Hikvision ANPR DS-2CD4A26FWD camera that lost all ability to read plates - kinda makes the camera useless.
  • A Hikvision camera that the user lost ability to control the LED light function at night.
  • A Hikvision wifi camera that loses the ability to use wifi after a firmware update - yes they intentionally deleted the ability to use wifi.
  • Hikvision iVM4200 v3.8 - loses the free ability to use the computer as storage.
  • Dahua IPC-HFW1320S that started phoning home using 60MB/hr and costing someone thousands of dollars in data overages.
  • Dahua 5442 that will not allow playback of the SD card.
  • Countless other instances where the camera or NVR simply bricked and became useless.
  • Countless examples where the camera or NVR went into Chinese.

DO NOT AUTO UPDATE THEM - in fact they shouldn't even be touching the internet.

With that said if you decide to update them, the firmware from Andy will be better than the firmware from Dahua as we provide suggestions that they then make but don't push out to their website. Andy's firmware will have SMD3.0 and Smart IR.

Here is where Andy puts out the latest firmware. Usually the first post and is updated there, but sometimes they may be further back, so if it isn't on the first post, then go to the last and work backwards.

Yea I looked at that post, both of my cameras are running firmwares newer than that. I'm not sure if it will let me downgrade them. I DO want them all on the same firmware. I don't feel like spending hours going through the UI and disabling all the inbuilt garbage on every camera.

Yes, they are vlan'd, but it takes seconds to add a firewall rule to let them auto update and disable it.

Do these cameras run different chipsets? I was under the impression that the 5442 is identical across all models (2.8, 3.6, 6.0)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The UI will be the same regardless of the firmware, except under illumination you would have Smart IR and Smart Motion Detection would have 3.0 (that you really wouldn't know). Most of us use IVS and not SMD though. And each camera will have different settings for it's field of view, so one master config file to work for every camera is kinda pointless.

By chipset, I am referring to any electronics within the camera that can impact the ability to accept a firmware. Generally it is the same chipset across the model series, but due to the shortage of chipsets, they were obtained by different vendors.

We have no idea if the chipsets are different unless you pull it open and look. I can tell you that the same model that I bought pre-pandemic and post-pandemic and setting them side by side and the settings are completely different between the two. I learned my lesson when I tried to update the two cameras to the same firmware and bricked one. Sad thing was I run it in color so Smart IR and firmware update was going to be useless to me. I wanted them on the same firmware and bricked it. Like two different camera models. Other people have seen that as well. Now if it is a true chipset difference (like Dahua spec'd out a chipset and a vendor said they can't provide this but can provide that), then the model would add like S2 after it, but if they spec'd out a chipset and someone else said they could match the spec, then we are not aware of that unless you open it up.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm purchasing a mix of 2.8, 3.6, and 6mm Loryta cameras from empiretech. On my 2.8mm camera, the firmware is dated V2.840.15OG008.0.R, Build Date: 2022-02-18, on my 3.6mm camera the firmware is dated V2.820.15OG001.0.R, Build Date: 2021-05-25. These were both purchased within the past 3 days. I would like to have all my 5442 cameras running the same fw version, but the only firmware I can find on the forum is dated back to june of 2021. I tried checking DahuaWiki but can't seem to find any firmwares on there for the 5442 cameras. The only thing I can find is a N45DJ62 firmware, which looks like it may use the same sensor.

Is there any place I can grab the latest firmware? Or should I auto update them? I'm doing this to make setup of my cameras easier by creating a master config and then importing that config to each camera.
Latest is here: IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS IPC-T5842T-ZE SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech