EmpireTech IPC-T5442T-ZE and Blue Iris Configuration

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From reading threads here I know other people have this camera and I assume have it working with BI. If so, what configuration (Make, model, port, stream, etc.) are you using? My camera arrives today and, given BI doesn't not specifically have an EmpireTech list under the Config/Make dropdown, I am looking for some guidance on how to set this camera up within BI

Thanks in advance

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In BI, input camera's IP address, username and password, click on "Find/Inspect."
For sub stream copy/paste the entire main stream path into the sub stream area but change "subtype" to a "1".
Well that didn't work. The camera arrived today in a plain carboard box with no documentation. I plugged it in and found the IP but no idea what to use for username/password. Tried the Find/Inspect with the IP and without. Nothing worked.
Is there documentation online for this unit?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to initialize the camera first. It does not come with a username and password. You have to assign it one and put it on your IP subnet.

See this post on how to do so (different camera but the process is the same)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well that didn't work. The camera arrived today in a plain carboard box with no documentation. I plugged it in and found the IP but no idea what to use for username/password. Tried the Find/Inspect with the IP and without. Nothing worked.
Is there documentation online for this unit?
My bad......I assumed that since you were using BI and had been on IPCT for over 4 -1/2 years that you had set up an IP camera before.
@wittaj has you covered. :cool:

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to initialize the camera first. It does not come with a username and password. You have to assign it one and put it on your IP subnet.

See this post on how to do so (different camera but the process is the same)

Well that got me connected but I dont have Explorer (havent for years) so I used Edge. Seemed to work.
Still dont know what to use for make/model within BI. Right now it is set to Generic and RTSP H264/h.265.....

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Generic is fine. Almost every camera of mine pulls up as generic.

All it is the protocol. Generic simply means it follows the ONVIF standard.

The only reason there are cameras in the pull-down is because they don't strictly follow the ONVIF protocol.

The 5442 is one that follows the standard so it uses generic.

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Next question. How the heck do I get the bottom/top plate off so I can mount it. Looks like I need a special tool which didnt come with it

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There should have been a little silver L shaped piece of metal that you need to use to unscrew the locking screw.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look around in the box, it may have got loose and stuck in Styrofoam or under it.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are ok there. This is what mine come up with doing "find/inspect" if using substreams, click and it will show you these options. If it does not then enter its as TonyR mentioned earlier.
5442 find inspect.JPG

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:oops:Good grief is my face red. The box had what appeared a false bottom. Instructions, tool and link to download mannual where there. Too excited with my new toy I didnt look hard enough. Thanks everyone.:)
I would not toss the box for a while.....whenever I do, I need it like the next day to return something that's defective. :headbang:

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Definitely having some growing pains with this camera which is replacing a Reolink RLC_810a at the exact same location. The live camera feed itself is working fine but BI triggers for certain smaller objects is lacking. People walking by the end of my driveway often don't even trigger a motion event. I copied all the setting from the Reolink it was replacing. The latter worked fine during daylight, the new camera does not. In fact, a RLC-410 about 30-40 feet further away will pickup the same motion the new camera misses. Given that the BI settings are the same I am assuming I am missing something during the initializing of the camera and/or settings via the web interface. It will be interesting to see how well it does during the night where the 810A performed poorly/

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These cameras have different image sensors and many other factors so I would not expect the Reolink settings in BI to perform the same. Are you using the BI motion sensor settings or have you setup IVS rules in the camera. You may experiment with both to achieve your desired results. If using IVS rules within the camera then you will need to uncheck motion sensor in BI and check "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" and select "get ONVIF trigger events" in the Video/Configure tab. Your alerts will show EXTERNAL if triggered by the camera as opposed to MOTION if triggered by BI's internal settings.

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These cameras have different image sensors and many other factors so I would not expect the Reolink settings in BI to perform the same. Are you using the BI motion sensor settings or have you setup IVS rules in the camera. You may experiment with both to achieve your desired results. If using IVS rules within the camera then you will need to uncheck motion sensor in BI and check "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" and select "get ONVIF trigger events" in the Video/Configure tab. Your alerts will show EXTERNAL if triggered by the camera as opposed to MOTION if triggered by BI's internal settings.
Yup much of this is all new to me. I am using BI motion sensor ATM. The IVS rules option peaked my interest but I confess I know nothing about it. In the meantime I'll just keep my 810A running till I get this figured out. Thanks for your input.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set up the IVS rules within the camera and let it do its thing!

Go into the camera and set up smart plan with IVS, then go to the IVS screen and draw IVS rules (tripwire or intrusion box) and then select the AI you want it to trigger on (human or vehicle).

Then in BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.