EmpireTech 4K-T Sunset/Sunrise - how to?

roymickton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of my EmpireTech 4K-T. Everything working well. RTSP feeds were very stuttery so I carried out the latest firmware update and now everything is buttery smooth.

However, I can't work out how to get my Sunset/Sunrise service working on this camera.

My other camera T5442T-ZE works perfectly with the sunset/sunrise service but obviously one camera is on the old GUI and the new camera is on the newer GUI.

Has anyone got their 4K-T to play nicely with the sunset/sunrise service?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The new GUI does not follow the standard API, so the sunrise/sunset utility does not work.

I figured out the API for the new GUI that you can use in BI or another program:

roymickton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The new GUI does not follow the standard API, so the sunrise/sunset utility does not work.

I figured out the API for the new GUI that you can use in BI or another program:

Perfect! I shall have a read through this after work and implement it.

Can I ask, do you have a combination of cameras that do and don't work with the sunset/sunrise service? If so, do you just run everything through BI now?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I have a combination of cameras that do and don't work with the utility. Unfortunately I haven't got around to moving all of them out of the utility, but it is on the list of things to do.

Steviedee

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether dahua are going to sort this issue, as I'm not usuing blue iris, have an nas and its frustrating not being able to use the 4kt to its fullest. Also (ot), does anyone know if using a dahua nvr, whether setting the nvr settings for day and night, would change camera exposure settings etc?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether dahua are going to sort this issue, as I'm not usuing blue iris, have an nas and its frustrating not being able to use the 4kt to its fullest. Also (ot), does anyone know if using a dahua nvr, whether setting the nvr settings for day and night, would change camera exposure settings etc?
I wouldn’t count on Dahua doing anything about this.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you seen this util?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you seen this util?

That utility doesn't work for the new GUI and I pointed out in post two what the API is to set unit up in BI.

roymickton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm getting there now. Lots of teething problems with my BI 4K-T setup.

Finally got it stable now. Now I just need to work out how to send my 'too big' jpgs to Pushover. My Alerts for this 4K-T are approx 3.5mb so Pushover just ignores them. Either I lower the res for the camera or I implement one of these funky looking scripts.....