Email trigger alerts

Reaction score
Hi, I have just upgraded my Dahua CCTV system and have 16 cameras connected. However these two new cameras (DH-IPC-HFW3441T-ZAS-S2) will not consistently email any triggered events to me, I have received only maybe like 10 alerts yet can observe a lot of triggers on the timeline. I can watch the Live View and I can see the trigger lines flash red but I just don't get the email. I have set up multiple trigger lines as a test and pushed the sensitivity to 10 but still not receiving anything. I do receive a test email every time I send it when sent from the camera or NVR (DHI-NVR4116HS-8P-4KS2). I can see the trigger line flash red so it is triggering. I can see the trigger events on the timeline of the recorded video. All the other 'older' cameras are working as expected, I receive all their triggers via email. I at first had difficulties setting these cameras up as the settings on the NVR were repeatedly overwritten. I eventually set up the alerts and camera name (as an overlay) on the actual camera (and it does display the triggers on the NVR). I even tried setting up motion sensor alerts but despite the little red blocks flashing I was also not receiving email alerts. I have updated all camera software.
I will attach some screenshots to help.
Please can anyone advise?
Thank you
Kevin

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are the two problem cameras connected to the NVR via the built in PoE ports?

Are other cameras using the PoE ports and do they send email as expected?

Cameras using the NVR PoE ports do not send email directly. The NVR sends it in their behalf. Is the SMTP setup on the NVR correctly?

Reaction score
Are the two problem cameras connected to the NVR via the built in PoE ports?

Are other cameras using the PoE ports and do they send email as expected?

Cameras using the NVR PoE ports do not send email directly. The NVR sends it in their behalf. Is the SMTP setup on the NVR correctly?
@bigredfish yes all cameras are connected via POE albeit via Litebeams to the NVR. I can add you are correct though, I discovered that the new generation cameras have to be configured on the cameras, they do not look at the NVR Email settings. Oddly the older generation cameras do. Nonetheless I have set up the Email settings on the cameras and I am now receiving the email alerts. Thank you.