email thumbnails are in lan dscape, Camera oriented in Portrait

ngcjim

n3wb
Reaction score
When BI sends an email alert, it makes the thumbnails in landscape mode instead of portrait -- I have my camera rotated 90 degrees. Is there a setting for this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When BI sends an email alert, it makes the thumbnails in landscape mode instead of portrait -- I have my camera rotated 90 degrees. Is there a setting for this?
are you rotating in blue iris? if so, it does not record rotated if you are using direct to disk...rotate it in the camera itself not in BI and use direct to disk...

ngcjim

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I have camera physically rotated 90 deg and BI rotating the image back to normal and not recording direct to disk; just emailing alert images.
thanks.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I have camera physically rotated 90 deg and BI rotating the image back to normal and not recording direct to disk; just emailing alert images.
thanks.
For what it's worth, I have a cam mounted on ceiling that in cam settings is 'mirrored' and 'flipped', BI is NOT rotating, Direct to Disk is OFF and the alert e-mail thumbnail is displayed correctly. So you might try rotation in cam's config and not in BI and see how that works for you.