Elephant walk

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm in no way alleging that these individuals have committed a crime. Or that they plan on committing a crime. But this is the sort of thing that attracts my attention when reviewing the overnight footage.

1) First one is dressed in black.
2) Backpacks that look to be empty or have very little in them.
3) Heads on a swivel looking at houses on both sides of the street.

View attachment NVR_ch1_main_20230428025952_20230428030032.mp4

Now, this is from my roof cam. I still haven't swapped it out with the camera that I stuffed a 25mm lens into. I need to have a custom bracket made and I've had bigger, non-cam projects to deal with.

Watch the first one. He suddenly starts to walk to his right just before he disappears behind the tree. The second one continues straight and the third veers to the right, as well. It's subtle but it's there.

Here's what my explanation is:

In the house with the two round pillars, just to the right of the house with the lights on in the first floor window, has a night watchman as it's under construction. He just sits quietly on a chair on the front porch in the shadows.

My thinking is that the first one notices the watchman and his natural instinct is to veer away. In doing so, he's actually moving closer to the streetlight on my side of the street which one would naturally avoid. But the instinct after seeing someone he didn't expect to be there overcame the aversion to more light on him.

Semper vigilans!!

View attachment NVR_ch11_main_20230428030027_20230428030049.mp4

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Where is the nuclear blast to throw them in the dirt? Did you turn it off?
Waiting for someone with the proper equipment to install it. My ceilings, including the terrace, at 15 feet high so the installer needs to use a harness and come down from the roof to install it. Hoping to have those lights up next week!