Eclipse April 8th. 2024

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You may already know this but you can apply for a stream URL that won't change. YT makes you jump through some hoops but it's apparently doable.
I was 90% there with this bluebird camera live stream a few week ago but life issues got in the way (stepson fell off the wagon and moved in....'nuff said) so I didn't complete the process.

She sitting on 4 eggs now (the bluebird, not my wife) so maybe I'll get it ironed out one day. :cool:
This is my first foray into streaming so I know nothing. I gathered a lot from here on ipcamtalk and youtube links provided. I guess that I am not going to jump through their hoops for this stream but might try later. Thank you!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure what the big deal is, life must go on

Pretty much most U.S. drivers are terrible drivers. Maybe Distracted Drivers is a better term. When we went to Italy, those with the Scooters were racing around vehicles, I thought they were bad drivers, turns out they were very skilled drivers. Also noticed hardly any wrecked cars on their roads.
Compared to here, where I see a lot of big dents on cars.

Knowing our Drivers here, there will be cars stopping in the middle of the road to see the Eclipse and a parking lot of cars that pulled off to the shoulder...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I hope your stepson is going to be OK. Neighbor fell off their horse trailer years ago and she is still not OK. At my age, falls are starting to concern me.
Sorry to hear that about your neighbor.

In my stepson's case I wish it was a literal wagon...after being clean for 4 years he relapsed in January. I credit him though for checking into rehab on his own, spent 3 weeks there. He's been working steadily for 2 months now to keep his car payment caught up, got his water and power at his place turned back on just this past week so he's going in the right direction (again). :blankstare:

Stepson is 48, he's likely running out of chances too. I know busting my tailbone last August still bothers me, I need my cushion on hard seats still, even after 8 months. But if that's the worst I got I consider myself blessed. :cool:

Last edited:

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that about your neighbor.

In my sepson's case I wish it was a literal wagon...after being clean for 4 years he relapsed in January. I credit him though for checking into rehab on his own, spent 3 weeks there. He's been working steadily for 2 months now to keep his car payment caught up, got his water and power at his place turned back on just this past week so he's going in the right direction (again). :blankstare:

Stepson is 48, he's likely running out of chances too. I know busting my tailbone last August still bothers me, I need my cushion on hard seats still, even after 8 months. But if that's the worst I got I consider myself blessed. :cool:
Wow! I reread your post and do not know why I took "fell off the wagon" as a literal wagon. I literally envisioned a covered wagon when I read it this morning. Physical ailments are frequently easier to deal with than addiction issues. Still wishing him the best.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Knowing our Drivers here, there will be cars stopping in the middle of the road to see the Eclipse and a parking lot of cars that pulled off to the shoulder...
Sun and Fun in Lakeland, FL starts Tuesday and runs through the weekend. All kinds of planes fly into town and traffic comes to an immediate stop when a fighter plane buzzes traffic on County Line road. I have been in many an "almost accident" through the years. Glad to avoid that kind traffic!

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been experimenting with time lapse on my cameras since here the Dallas area we will have a full eclipse but it looks like we are going to have a cloudy day with rain in the afternoon. I'd hate to be one of the people who drove a long distance and reserved a hotel and then get a cloudy day for such a rare experience.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've been experimenting with time lapse on my cameras since here the Dallas area we will have a full eclipse but it looks like we are going to have a cloudy day with rain in the afternoon. I'd hate to be one of the people who drove a long distance and reserved a hotel and then get a cloudy day for such a rare experience.
Yesterday with family, it was a cloudy rainy day in Houston, I asked family to look up, do you see the sun behind the clouds, No, well you won't see the Moon either if it is cloudy tomorrow. They are saying on the news that even with the clouds it is worth the experience, which I agree, I have seen several in my lifetime, that is Lunar and Solar.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm setting up a temp Hik turret for this, any special image settings I need to use? Shutter speed? Brightness/contrast, etc?

Last edited:

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm setting up a temp Hik turret for this, any special image settings I need to use? Shutter speed? Brightness/contrast, etc?
I don't have a lot of experience with tweaking settings. Mine is defaults except for resolution. YouTube asked for a certain optimal resolution and I changed it to that. The only thing I did was turn off the IR and put a welding lens over it. I've since taken the welding lens off.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
If you are close to me. I have some extra 2 #13 welders glass.
I am good in the ham call book.
GL and No CLOUDS.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like the clouds are conspiring to block the sun on a large part of the eclipse path.
Screenshot 2024-04-08 120145.jpg

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
It's getting a bit dimmer here. No cloud cover. Maybe 40% covered right now and will peak at about 60% soon.