Easy IP 3.0 Dome vs Mini-Dome performance?

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Was planning on getting regular 4MP domes but found out that Mini-Domes have built-in microphones - which is something I want. So wondering if there are performance differences between Dome and Mini-Dome? or any quirks specific to mini-domes?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Was planning on getting regular 4MP domes but found out that Mini-Domes have built-in microphones - which is something I want. So wondering if there are performance differences between Dome and Mini-Dome? or any quirks specific to mini-domes?
reconsider the dome in general...lots of issues with ir glare...also note the ir will be weaker on the mini

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually, I'm only using two domes. One next to the entrance door and other outside the garage (under the eave). The main reason for wanting domes is aesthetics, since I hate the look of bullet cameras. In other conspicuous areas, I'm using bullet cameras.

Also, the areas where I'm planning on using domes are very well lit. Infact, outside the garage I currently have a bullet (non-Dark fighter) set to Day mode and I get really nice color video at night.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, I'm only using two domes. One next to the entrance door and other outside the garage (under the eave). The main reason for wanting domes is aesthetics, since I hate the look of bullet cameras. In other conspicuous areas, I'm using bullet cameras.

Also, the areas where I'm planning on using domes are very well lit. Infact, outside the garage I currently have a bullet (non-Dark fighter) set to Day mode and I get really nice color video at night.
bullets have their own issues with spider webs...look at turret designs.

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Really don't recommend the mini domes - I get so many of these retuned to me because of glare as mentioned above and people tend to find them misting up.

Jamil

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
bullets have their own issues with spider webs...look at turret designs.
Are turrets as good as bullets for mounting on walls? I checked with local shops but no one has turret - because there is no demand for those locally, most people just go with bullet. I do see some on aliexpress though, any reliable sellers there?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are turrets as good as bullets for mounting on walls? I checked with local shops but no one has turret - because there is no demand for those locally, most people just go with bullet. I do see some on aliexpress though, any reliable sellers there?
better than bullets...you can contact @Jamil above

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Really don't recommend the mini domes - I get so many of these retuned to me because of glare as mentioned above and people tend to find them misting up.

Jamil
Don't mini domes have the anti-IR foam ring?