Easiest ways to view BI on remote monitors inside home?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Could you elaborate on the monitors running UI3? I am not familiar with Firesticks.
Firesticks are android based, so you sideload Chrome on it. And then if your BI computer and Firestick are on the same LAN (or you setup VLANs to allow certain traffic) then you pull up UI3 like you would on a phone, tablet, or computer in Chrome.

brcarls

n3wb
Reaction score
Firestick is Amazon's streaming stick that you plug into an HDMI port on your TV (or monitor)... I use them because they are cheap/subsidized to push Amazon content.

I use the Bookmarker app to make a bookmark to UI3.

Reaction score
Firestick is Amazon's streaming stick that you plug into an HDMI port on your TV (or monitor)... I use them because they are cheap/subsidized to push Amazon content.

I use the Bookmarker app to make a bookmark to UI3.
OK...but how do you even control the GUI without a mouse and keyboard?

I have a couple of monitors that are no longer in service and would like to try this.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I have a couple of monitors that are no longer in service and would like to try this.
On my Sony / Google (Android) TV I use a wireless Logitech K400 keyboard/touchpad plugged into USB port on TV.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

brcarls

n3wb
Reaction score

You can use a bluetooth keyboard/mouse... But I don't. I just use the remote... In Silk browser, the remote controls a virtual mouse pointer.
I don't really have any need to interact with UI3 on the "always on" monitors other than launching it and initial setup. If I want to review alerts or recordings I use a PC.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
So if I was to say mount a 24" monitor by the front door and use a Firestick, I would need to plug both the monitor and the Firestick into house current. The Firestick would plug into the HDMI port on the monitor. I could bring up a browser through the Firestick and use the remote to access UI3 on the browser.

Will the Firestick eventually go to sleep if there is no input?

brcarls

n3wb
Reaction score
So if I was to say mount a 24" monitor by the front door and use a Firestick, I would need to plug both the monitor and the Firestick into house current. The Firestick would plug into the HDMI port on the monitor. I could bring up a browser through the Firestick and use the remote to access UI3 on the browser.
Yes.

Mine don't go to sleep after I set UI3 to not timeout.

tmushy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a raspberry pi setup on my main tv downstairs. Chrome automatically loads blue iris web panel on startup in kiosk mode. Its actually been on for over a year now and I never had to reset it. I imagine the same thing can be done with a pi zero. Too bad you cant get any of this stuff easily these days

tmushy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does any size pi work? Or would a 4gb or 8gb be better?
I got a feeling any size would work. 4gb is a good amount of ram for a simple desktop and website.
Heres a good tutorial on doing it

For the url you want to use your blue iris server address. I like to run it in full screen mode so I make the url like this

Last edited: