Dude your Gettin a De....Wait Gamestop? WTF hey driver!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I bought a Windows 11 ready Dell Precision tower for my Daily driver/BI/Whatever/MaybeDeepstackGPU/ machine. i7-8700 32GB ddr4 256GB SSD..anyway....
Ugh...."Signature required" delivery from this Ebayer in Wyckoff NJ. signed up on the App to authorize a front porch drop with no signature, But it seemed to not be removed in the delivery updates. kept saying " Signature required ".
So I brought my ass home at 1:45 so this wouldn't become a clown Show.
So I get home and my GF says, " your box came, it's downstairs." So i go down and it looks like a possible Tower sized box, and I open it. Fresh Produce from a Food pantry for the Elderly LOL
So turn on BI's driveway cam and wait at my computer while I do some stuff.
I hear the UPS truck on the audio feed from doorbell cam.
So I go up and he's dropping the box with " No signature!" Ok so i grab it and say Thank You. And i look down and its from "Game Stop" for somebody else. and It's too light for a tower. Suddenly the truck stops and the driver disappears and I run out in my socks hoping to catch him.
Then he appears from UPS truck with another package. and we trade.
I almost got the screw job! I hate going down to the Terminal and trying to collect a mishipped or " Signature Required" package at UPS.
I got faked out twice in one day! Dude you almost didn't get a Dell.

Last edited:

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This "signature required" thing is pretty erratic in how and who uses it. I ordered a 2' piece of clear plastic PVC pipe from Amazon two or three weeks ago. When it was delivered, I wasn't home so my wife received the package. The delivery driver said a signature AND CURRENT PHOTO ID were required. FOR A PIECE OF PLASTIC PIPE!!!