Dual CAT6 gland for junction box

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It looks like they dont make a dual cat6 gland. How would you run two cat6 cables from a junction box opening?

Both cables will have to come out of the same opening.

IMG_5533.JPG

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
In most of my outdoor boxes I just run the cables out the bottom and don't worry that it's not perfectly sealed. I make sure it's sealed enough to keep the bugs out.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like they dont make a dual cat6 gland. How would you run two cat6 cables from a junction box opening?

Both cables will have to come out of the same opening.

View attachment 113050
I've used:
1) Conduit to junction box
2) In Wall / in soffit to junction box

I normally do not like to run exposed wires ..

If I were to run exposed wires, I would run a drip loop before coming up into a junction box .. you can use something then to seal up the remaining space in the hole on the bottom on the gland like a Duct Seal Compound

( as Tigerwillow1 points out, I am more worried about bugs getting up from the bottom, .. )

1640131147266.png

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
  1. What kind of conduit do you use?
  2. Would you jam that duct seal into the gland after running the ethernet cables through, then tight down the endcap to squish down the putty?
This will be running horizontally under an eave.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd just stuff the Duct Seal into the hole keeping the cables in the middle, away from the threads to avoid scuffing/cutting. No gland needed that way. Alternately get a 3/4" threaded fitting, romex connector or whatever, and use Duct Seal with that.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Or you can use Rubber Grommet Kit and cut a hole just enough for two cat6 cables. And then seal it with silicone sealant around it.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

HereBull

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Funny enough I've been looking for 3/4 glands that aren't comically large for the opening - None of them seem to be small enough to be a tight fit on the Cat5/6 cables and always needed that duct seal putty or such to fill them up.

If anyone finds 3/4 glands that allow ya to drill your own hole size or fit network cabling closely, please do link it