DS-7616NI-Q2 / 16P firmware Fail Upgrade

Dmaxboi

n3wb
Reaction score
Trying to upgrade from version V4.30.216 build 210111

the newest that says is available is 4.71.000 Build 220224

I've read the form and understand to not upgrade unless something is broken

We use our phones and Ipad at work to view rail cars moving at our business, Using Hik-connect app it will not let us view as it pops up an error saying please upgrade firmware to view

I've tried upgrade through the nvr, and through web portal. Tomorrow i'll go get a usb stick to try that way but I have a feeling I still won't have any luck.

I guess can someone help out with either fixing the firmware or how to get around the hik-connect app about upgrading to see

Error code when trying to upgrade through web says (Failed to get the upgrade status. )

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What's the exact model number of your NVR, does it have a (C) suffix?

the newest that says is available is 4.71.000 Build 220224
From what source? (link?)
On the EU portal, that version is available for the (C) variant of the DS-7616NI-Q2(C), here :

But not for the original variant, here :

Error code when trying to upgrade through web says (Failed to get the upgrade status. )
I'm guessing the (C) variant is the reason why the upgrade is refused.
Also - your current firmware version is newer that than published on the EU portal.

We use our phones and Ipad at work to view rail cars moving at our business, Using Hik-connect app it will not let us view as it pops up an error saying please upgrade firmware to view
Have you tried engaging with Hikvision support?
With no firmware updates for the NVR, maybe you need an earlier version of Hik-Connect that's not getting confused over the model variants.

Dmaxboi

n3wb
Reaction score
it didn't have a C at the end Model number was just DS-7616ni-Q2/16P I will double check this tho,

I've tried downloading off of hikvision usa this is what pops up on that site

DS-7616NI-Q2/16P
You are viewing a discontinued product. Latest firmware updates can not be guaranteed.
LATEST FIRMWARE:
Firmware:NVR_K9B2_BL_ML_STD_V4.71.000_220224
Older Versions:
Firmware:NVR_K74_BL_ML_STD_V4.30.090_210831

I'll try to reach out to hik-connect to see if theres something i can do