DS-7608NI-SE Not quite a brick

brianareid

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello: Recently I was given a file a told to update the firmware with it. I have tried wrong firmwares before and typically it failed. The one I was given was "NVR_(76-SE,V,VP)BL_ML_STD_V3.0.22_170621" and it updated the firmware with no issues. I even was able to attach to it after it rebooted .... and then it asked to update the browser plugin. Once that was done and I opened the browser I get the login page but once I login there is only a white page. I still have another browser with the old plugin and it can access the menu at least but I can not see any video (live or playback)even though it shows the cameras as online. I was thinking originally it was just a bad plugin but now I'm thinking it may have something to do with regions. I myself did not know the hardware was hard coded to a region, makes sense though but now I'm just trying to fix my bad. Looks like my US region only had version 2.3.11 as it's last update which was one of the reasons we wanted to update. I'm thinking of trying a downgrade. I have been looking at a lot of posts about reflashing via tftp....is this a default it does on boot?
Your help is appreciated.

brianareid

n3wb
Reaction score
Try using pale moon browser
Thanks for the reply. Pale moon shows me the menus also....same as the other browser with the older plugin but no video. It shows "No plug-in detected" and doesn'y give any option to download one either

Attachments

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hmm Pale Moon works fine on the cameras but NOT on the NVR

OK, there are a few posts on here about similar issues, mine was an issue with Windows 10 , but I do know that the IE Tab extension on chrome will allow me to see both the NVR and Cameras with full access.

brianareid

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm Pale Moon works fine on the cameras but NOT on the NVR

OK, there are a few posts on here about similar issues, mine was an issue with Windows 10 , but I do know that the IE Tab extension on chrome will allow me to see both the NVR and Cameras with full access.
Thanks for your replies @Silas ... got it working .... it was the plugin. I had to uninstall it and install it again....not sure why. Once I did that video playback and live streaming was working. I do like the IETab...keeps it simple using one browser.