DS-7608NI-E2/8P & IP change

SYN

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello there,

I just bought this NVR with a couple of Hikvision cameras. My problem is every time I access SADP to change the IP address of the NVR, it says "Parameters modification completed" but when I refresh it goes back to the old IP address right away.
I have changed the IP address of the cameras without problems. But the NVR is still giving me hard time, any ideas? :sad:

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Make sure you are using the latest version of SADP:
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/00 Software Tool Package/01 SADP Tools/new/V3.0.0.2/&file=SADP_v3.0.0.2build20150911.zip

If the old address is still one that is valid within your network's subnet (it's within the same range as the rest of your network), connect to the old address through a WebComponents-capable browser (IE, Safari, Firefox) and you can change it from within the web interface. However I am guessing you aren't changing it for personal preferences, but because you can't connect to it. If that's the case, web interface is out by reasonable means.

I am also assuming you have a headless setup with your NVR (no monitor). If you are able to steal a monitor from a nearby computer, or hook it up to your TV, you can use the included USB mouse to go into the NVR UI directly and change it. There's many ways to go about it if SADP falls through, even though SADP is usually the easiest and most straightforward.

Reactions: SYN

SYN

n3wb
Reaction score
Make sure you are using the latest version of SADP:
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/00 Software Tool Package/01 SADP Tools/new/V3.0.0.2/&file=SADP_v3.0.0.2build20150911.zip

If the old address is still one that is valid within your network's subnet (it's within the same range as the rest of your network), connect to the old address through a WebComponents-capable browser (IE, Safari, Firefox) and you can change it from within the web interface. However I am guessing you aren't changing it for personal preferences, but because you can't connect to it. If that's the case, web interface is out by reasonable means.

I am also assuming you have a headless setup with your NVR (no monitor). If you are able to steal a monitor from a nearby computer, or hook it up to your TV, you can use the included USB mouse to go into the NVR UI directly and change it. There's many ways to go about it if SADP falls through, even though SADP is usually the easiest and most straightforward.
I Downloaded the latest SADP and it's the same issue. Tried also with iVMS-4200 and it's still the same.
Tried to connect it to a monitor, and accessed it via the remote. Changed the IP and everything. Pressed Save. Then when I check with SADP the old IP is still there :nonchalance:

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After you saved your changes on the NVR, get out of all of the menus and immediately go back in and check to make sure the change was committed. Secondly, try restarting the NVR if you haven't already.

Out of curiousity, if you make other non-network changes, do those not stick as well? The problem seems to be with the NVR itself nd not SADP iVMS or any other component.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SYN

n3wb
Reaction score
After you saved your changes on the NVR, get out of all of the menus and immediately go back in and check to make sure the change was committed. Secondly, try restarting the NVR if you haven't already.

Out of curiousity, if you make other non-network changes, do those not stick as well? The problem seems to be with the NVR itself nd not SADP iVMS or any other component.

I did that, and it showed the new IP, but I checked with SADP, and it showed the old IP address. Also, when I restart the NVR it goes back to the old IP address.
Didn't try to change any of the other settings yet as I still trying to figure out the IP issue.
Just emailed Hikvision customer support, I'll wait and see :(

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What firmware version are you running? Just curious.

A last resort would be to factory reset the whole NVR, then try and configure the IP and see if it sticks. If after a factory reset the changes aren't committing, your NVR likely has bad NVRAM and you will need to exchange it for a replacement. At that point it's a hardware failure out of your control.

The reason why I say change some other setting is to prove whether or not this is strictly a network settings issue or an issue with saving ANY settings. I understand you're trying to solve one problem before tackling another but that's the quickest way to rule thugs out. If any other setting fails to commit (besides IP camera settings, as those are stored in the camera not the NVR), that means the NVR is not able to retain any of its settings and goes back to the initial point of some sort of hardware failure.

To recap:
- change another setting besides network settings. Note what you've changed. Reboot and see if the change stuck. If it did, then the problem is restricted to network settings.

- factory reset the NVR. Maintenance > defaults is how you reset it. Set the NVR up from scratch including the IP. Reboot, see if it sticks.

- ensure the NVR is running the most recent firmware version. Currently an E2 revision 7600 series can go up to 3.4.1, which can be found here:
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Recorder/DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4/V3.4.1 build151225 Multi-lingual/&file=NVR_EXX_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.1_151225.zip

This can be upgraded directly On the NVR by copying the firmware (digicap.dav) to a USB flash drive, plugging said drive into the NVR, and going to Maintenance > Upgrade in the menu. It will have a file browser to find the firmware. To simplify, use a flash drive that is blank or next to no files on it so you aren't scrolling through a long index of content. I won't discuss doing this from the web interface since you can't access that anyways.

SYN

n3wb
Reaction score
What firmware version are you running? Just curious.

A last resort would be to factory reset the whole NVR, then try and configure the IP and see if it sticks. If after a factory reset the changes aren't committing, your NVR likely has bad NVRAM and you will need to exchange it for a replacement. At that point it's a hardware failure out of your control.

The reason why I say change some other setting is to prove whether or not this is strictly a network settings issue or an issue with saving ANY settings. I understand you're trying to solve one problem before tackling another but that's the quickest way to rule thugs out. If any other setting fails to commit (besides IP camera settings, as those are stored in the camera not the NVR), that means the NVR is not able to retain any of its settings and goes back to the initial point of some sort of hardware failure.

To recap:
- change another setting besides network settings. Note what you've changed. Reboot and see if the change stuck. If it did, then the problem is restricted to network settings.

- factory reset the NVR. Maintenance > defaults is how you reset it. Set the NVR up from scratch including the IP. Reboot, see if it sticks.

- ensure the NVR is running the most recent firmware version. Currently an E2 revision 7600 series can go up to 3.4.1, which can be found here:
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Recorder/DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4/V3.4.1 build151225 Multi-lingual/&file=NVR_EXX_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.1_151225.zip

This can be upgraded directly On the NVR by copying the firmware (digicap.dav) to a USB flash drive, plugging said drive into the NVR, and going to Maintenance > Upgrade in the menu. It will have a file browser to find the firmware. To simplify, use a flash drive that is blank or next to no files on it so you aren't scrolling through a long index of content. I won't discuss doing this from the web interface since you can't access that anyways.

Thanks a bunch. Upgraded from v3.3.4 to V3.4.1.
Did a reset. And the following happened:
1- I was able to change the IP through the HDMI-Monitor route, and it remained the same after the reboot. But when I checked in SADP, the IP address appeared to be the internal NIC IP of the NVR, not the one I set.
2- The Gateway IP appeared in SADP as "0.0.0.0"
3- When I changed the contrast of the camera in NVR, and did a restart, the change disappeared and it went to the default settings.

Does this confirm the theory of the bad nvram?

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If 'anything' remains the same after a power cycle, most likely the NVRAM is fine. NVRAM stands for non-volatile RAM, which is just RAM that retains memory without power. Normally RAM clears on a loss of power. The fact that the firmware upgrade had any effect on your results makes me think otherwise in terms of what's actually wrong. As far as changing contrast, make sure you are hitting save or apply, else it absolutely will not stick. At the same time, that is a camera setting and those image adjustments are stored in the camera, not NVR.

The only time the PoE switch's IP should show up in SADP is if you are connected to it. You should be connected to you main network, and so should your NVR from its standalone Ethernet port; not computer to NVR.

Gateway address isn't really relevant. Usually just set gateway to your router's IP, since that is your gateway in most cases.

SYN

n3wb
Reaction score
If 'anything' remains the same after a power cycle, most likely the NVRAM is fine. NVRAM stands for non-volatile RAM, which is just RAM that retains memory without power. Normally RAM clears on a loss of power. The fact that the firmware upgrade had any effect on your results makes me think otherwise in terms of what's actually wrong. As far as changing contrast, make sure you are hitting save or apply, else it absolutely will not stick. At the same time, that is a camera setting and those image adjustments are stored in the camera, not NVR.

The only time the PoE switch's IP should show up in SADP is if you are connected to it. You should be connected to you main network, and so should your NVR from its standalone Ethernet port; not computer to NVR.

Uh. I feel so stupid.
Turns out I connected my lan cable to the PoE port, that's why I had all of this problems. I though it was just like my other typical PoE switch.

Thank you very much for your help
Gateway address isn't really relevant. Usually just set gateway to your router's IP, since that is your gateway in most cases.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No problem. The NVR PoE switch has a static address which is changeable in the firmware, but there's very little reason to change it. Only the cameras ever deal with it. Be glad it was a simple error than a legitimate hardware fault or anything critical.