DS-7604NI-SE/P & DS-2CD2132-I setup issues

willbo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, greetings from Ireland!
I am a newb with ipcams and NVRs so I ended up at this fine site when I was searching for an answer to my problem (the supplied documentation isnt the best..). I recently bought a DS-7604NI-SE/P and 2 x DS-2CD2132-I. Plugged them into the NVR and only one is showing up. The internal ip address on the one that works is 192.168.254.4 so I used IVMS-4200 to change the other one to 192.168.254.5 but still no joy. Both cams power up and i was able to access it when directly connected to my laptop and the ip of the cam was changed to 192.168.0.X Can anyone suggest a solution? Its driving me mad!

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi willbo

Way I did it... (maybe not the best, but it worked for me), plug cameras into your network (not the nvr) and use the Hikvision tool called SADP to find your cameras and change their ip addresses to be on the same network prefix as the rest of your equipment (192.168.X.). Once you have your cameras set up and accessible to the network, then plug them into the nvr and set it to see the cameras.

Remember to have fixed ip addresses for the cameras and nvr (don't tick their DHCP boxs)

P.S there is an easier method, but its better to do it the 'logical' way first :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I might need to start a new thread, but I could use some help. I've recently purchased the Hikvision DS-7604NI-SE/P and the software already had four cameras installed when I booted it up and it will not allow me to delete these. Any suggestions on how to delete the cameras from the system as I am unable to get my two cameras to connect?

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I might need to start a new thread, but I could use some help. I've recently purchased the Hikvision DS-7604NI-SE/P and the software already had four cameras installed when I booted it up and it will not allow me to delete these. Any suggestions on how to delete the cameras from the system as I am unable to get my two cameras to connect?
Hi Kent, you shouldn't need to delete the existing cameras, just edit the four NVR camera profiles with the new camera details (IP address and password).

Reaction score
Thanks, that is what I had to do. But, I was only able to get them to work by setting them as Plug and Play. Probably not a big deal as long as I'm viewing them through the Hikvision software. Would like to get a static IP for the cameras at some point.

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, that is what I had to do. But, I was only able to get them to work by setting them as Plug and Play. Probably not a big deal as long as I'm viewing them through the Hikvision software. Would like to get a static IP for the cameras at some point.
To get a static IP address log on to the each individual camera and change the IP address either using the web interface or alternatively using Hikvision's supplied SADP (Search Active Device Protocol) software. Its a good idea to do this before connecting the cameras to the NVR. Also make sure you disable DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).