DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZ with Onboard LPR/ANPR(License Plate Recognition)

GianniCar

n3wb
Reaction score
Here you go. Need to use the password you were given by google when setting up NVR access in your Gmail 2 step authentication. As you can see I'm using Gmail to send to my yahoo email
I can email from the NVR without a problem but the images are really low quality, that's why I'd like to email directly from the camera. I set it up so that the cameras have direct access to the internet and I can successfully email from my other cameras with firmware 5.4.5 while still connected to the NVR, just not from the LPR camera because of the missing TLS encryption option.

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm interested in replacing an existing 8mm bullet camera to monitor my driveway with one of these LPR's. I would like to maintain the existing field of view, so wondering if that is sufficient for LPR function to work. See pic below:

Attachments

GianniCar

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm interested in replacing an existing 8mm bullet camera to monitor my driveway with one of these LPR's. I would like to maintain the existing field of view, so wondering if that is sufficient for LPR function to work. See pic below:
You'll be able to match the field of view, however, you will not be able to use the automatic plate capture because it will be too far from the plates. You may still be able to pause the video, then use digital zoom to read the plate. Also, in order to be able to get a good image of the plate without motion blur you will need to speed up your shutter and that will darken the image a lot. For example, I have my shutter speed set to 1/4000 and, other than reflected objects (plates), the image is completely dark at dusk. This is the reason an LPR camera should be used for only that.
If you end up getting an LPR camera, make sure to get the 8mm to 32mm version since you will not be right up close to the plates.

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You could leave the existing camera in place and mount the lpr beside it, or run some cable to a more optimal position for the lpr. Either way I'd keep the existing camera in operation

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tweaked the shutter speed on the existing camera and I can read the plates much better. Was seeing a lot of motion blur.

That should be fine for now plus I didn't have a good spot to mount another bullet camera without my house looking like a prison;)

trempek

n3wb
Reaction score
I need software for DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS (without P) with ANPR.
Is there a version with a new style?
My camera has been bought with an official foscam site.
Can anyone help me?

Best regards,
Tom

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone have around the latest version for R3 series to upload? The 5.4.5 posted by @slopolytech is from 3.5 years ago.

On Hikvisioneurope web site they have a 5.4.83 with no LPR support.

Thanks!

Edit: I put 5.4.81 where it should have been 5.4.83 (180817)

Last edited:

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,
I found this:
It seems that the (non "P" models) firmwares are the ones already posted here in page 2 (no idea if they do have the LPR support, but they are the same version and date, 5.4.5 170302).

The (P models) seem to be newer, 5.4.7 180309, I tried it on a DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS that is currently running the firmware posted on page 2, but it didn't take this firmware.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Old theme.
Original IPC_R3_EN_STD_5.4.7_180309_CAR, patch it for my old without /P & not for my ipc firmware & all is work
Firmware with FF_ in the begining firmware name also convert & patch for update
But...
In the end nobody needs it, closed the project ;) But it was very interesting to made it.

Better buy new model with fresh analytics & maybe it's not a hik!

O1603034764114.png
1603034790168.png

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@iTuneDVR

Do you think we can use the (P model) of the firmware on the (non "P" model) version of the camera just by updating it using TFTP? The web interface will reject it.

Thanks!

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Prev i said that i patch & custom firmware before than update it via tftp or web.
All in our hands. This is pure marketing. ;)

tomhanman

n3wb
Reaction score
However, there is no notification in iVMS-4500 or Hik-Connect app like a line-crossing or alarm input event would trigger.

Just to say (some years later) That I have found a somewhat silly solution to this.

Whilst the camera and NVR both refuse to send a notification to Hik-Connect despite the option being checked, the NVR will activate an alarm output dry contact on anpr.

So I've chosen for the anpr to activate alarm output 1, which I have then wired directly into alarm input 1!!! Then I have set up the alarm input 1 to send a notification to Hik-Connect with picture grabs from the three cameras in the area. It doesn't send the number plate capture, but it does send the alert and pictures of what's going on.

Bonkers, but there you go.
Hope it helps someone.