DS-2CD3132-I No Sub Stream Option on DS-7104N-SN/P NVR?

SCRPD

n3wb
Reaction score
I cannot get the camera to display a Sub Stream & the camera doesn't have a physical reset button under the dome.
When I try to view the Sub Stream in "Live View" it gives me this "Live View Failed.".

Also any idea on how to get the camera to do 30fps & not 25fps? I tried looking for a 60Hz option but cannot find it.

Anybody have some ideas why?

Link to the camera bought

Pictures below (Sorry if they're a little big):

Thanks for any input :D

Attachments

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried viewing the substream in iVMS-4500 or in VLC?

For the 60hz setting, it should be under Basic config - Image - Video adjustment.

Keep in mind if you have exterior lighting visible you may get flickering so in that case match the frequency of the power to this setting.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Protocol UDP? . Try Tcp

My 3132 has sub stream on 7104 nvr

SCRPD

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried viewing the substream in iVMS-4500 or in VLC?

For the 60hz setting, it should be under Basic config - Image - Video adjustment.
Keep in mind if you have exterior lighting visible you may get flickering so in that case match the frequency of the power to this setting.
I tried iVMS-4500 for my Android phone & that's how I found out it stopped working.
I'm not sure what the URL structure for rtsp for this setup is for VLC.

I cannot find the 60hz setting (On the NVR or the web interface). I did find the saturation, contrast, ect, ect.. but no 60hz option.

Only video options I can find (right side):

Protocol UDP? . Try Tcp

My 3132 has sub stream on 7104 nvr
Tried TCP & rebooted.
Still nothing.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most of the cameras advanced function are on the camera itself. Are you able to plug a pc in to a spare poe port, set your computer's IP address to be in the same subnet and access the camera directly?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

SCRPD

n3wb
Reaction score
Most of the cameras advanced function are on the camera itself. Are you able to plug a pc in to a spare poe port, set your computer's IP address to be in the same subnet and access the camera directly?

Just tried connecting my PC ethernet into one of the POE ports & the whole NVR shut off when I connected it.
Unplugged it & the NVR started back up.
No idea what that's all about. I have an Intel NIC if that helps.

By the way thanks for helping.

Refer to this thread for VLC:
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5773-How-to-access-the-video-streams-of-a-camera-or-NVR

The NVR settings for the camera are severely limited. To see every option you would have to change it via the cameras actual interface. Keep in mind if you change a setting on the camera that is available from the NVR interface there is a chance it will revert back to what the NVR was set to.
I just tested that & I got channel 1 stream 1 (Main) showing but channel 1 stream 2 gives an error.

Also thanks for helping me!

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That doesn't sound good.

I'm not sure if the POE ports on the NVRs are 802.3af compliant or they're just dumb and apply the full 48v all the time. Although I'd never plug a non POE device into em.

It does seem that the issue is with the NVR. Id like for you to check to see if a stream is available from the camera itself but it does seem a bit of an issue at the moment. Since you would need to have the camera powered and connected to a network.

SCRPD

n3wb
Reaction score
That doesn't sound good.

I'm not sure if the POE ports on the NVRs are 802.3af compliant or they're just dumb and apply the full 48v all the time. Although I'd never plug a non POE device into em.

It does seem that the issue is with the NVR. Id like for you to check to see if a stream is available from the camera itself but it does seem a bit of an issue at the moment. Since you would need to have the camera powered and connected to a network.
Yeah, once I heard it click off/turn off & pulled the ethernet cable out as fast as I could in fear of killing my NIC or motherboard.

Sucks because I don't have a power supply for the camera. The whole reason I got POE camera & now it's kicking me in the butt lol.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not too familiar with the 7100 series. I'm guessing theres no virtual host option?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Doesn't sound promising without an external source of power for the camera (whatever you do, don't plug in a unregulated wall adapter thing), or getting access to it via a computer.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unless, the Hikvision ghosts kick in and it starts working again.

There's this phenomenon that happens with Hikvision stuff, it does things you can't explain.

SCRPD

n3wb
Reaction score
Doesn't sound promising without an external source of power for the camera (whatever you do, don't plug in a unregulated wall adapter thing), or getting access to it via a computer.
Shoot.

I guess I'll just live with the main stream until I can get something like a POE injector.

Once again thank you for taking your time & helping me!

Unless, the Hikvision ghosts kick in and it starts working again.

There's this phenomenon that happens with Hikvision stuff, it does things you can't explain.
lol.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't give up your hopes just yet. There are other more knowledgeable people on here that may be able to assist.

You could try power cycling it again, maybe with a longer downtime.

SCRPD

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't give up your hopes just yet. There are other more knowledgeable people on here that may be able to assist.

You could try power cycling it again, maybe with a longer downtime.
True.

I'll try that now too.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just tried connecting my PC ethernet into one of the POE ports & the whole NVR shut off when I connected it.
Unplugged it & the NVR started back up.
No idea what that's all about. I have an Intel NIC if that helps.

By the way thanks for helping.

I just tested that & I got channel 1 stream 1 (Main) showing but channel 1 stream 2 gives an error.

Also thanks for helping me!
That's a first. That doesn't usually happen. Try this, plug the router to one of the poe ports, and keep your computer plugged to the router. Set your computer on static IP, on the same subnet as the POE ports. From the screenshots, you should set your computer to say 192.168.254.10.

Now open a web browser, and type in the IP address of the camera 192.168.254.6. You should be able to access the camera directly like this.

I'm not too familiar with the 7100 series. I'm guessing theres no virtual host option?
No the 7100 series doesn't have Virtual Host option

SCRPD

n3wb
Reaction score
That's a first. That doesn't usually happen. Try this, plug the router to one of the poe ports, and keep your computer plugged to the router. Set your computer on static IP, on the same subnet as the POE ports. From the screenshots, you should set your computer to say 192.168.254.10.

Now open a web browser, and type in the IP address of the camera 192.168.254.6. You should be able to access the camera directly like this.

No the 7100 series doesn't have Virtual Host option
Okay so I got that working & I can click both the Main Stream & Sub Stream toggle at the top of the page & visually see the difference between the streams.
So it must be the NVR.

I'll try using TFTP on the NVR tomorrow, it's late here in Florida.

Thanks so much for the help you guys!

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay so I got that working & I can click both the Main Stream & Sub Stream toggle at the top of the page & visually see the difference between the streams.
So it must be the NVR.

I'll try using TFTP on the NVR tomorrow, it's late here in Florida.

Thanks so much for the help you guys!
Before you do that, perhaps factory reset the NVR?