DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS: Audio in Live View but not on Playback - why?

NiToNi

n3wb
Reaction score
I have audio working on my DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS in Live View.

Both Main and Sub stream are set to both Video&Audio and encoding is G.711ulaw.

However when I am playing back recordings (making sure the audio is on and not muted) there is no audio on them. I've been through all the settings over and over but I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is.

Sep

n3wb
Reaction score
I was having the same issue. I am using HIK Vision NVR (DS-7716NI-I4/16P) to record.
This was the solution for me:
Via the NVR web interface, navigate to Configuration >> Storage >> Schedule Settings >> Advanced and ensure "Record Audio" is checked.

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you saying the recording is muted when playing back
If so,make sure to use the hikvision player vs

Reaction score
I have audio working on my DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS in Live View.

Both Main and Sub stream are set to both Video&Audio and encoding is G.711ulaw.

However when I am playing back recordings (making sure the audio is on and not muted) there is no audio on them. I've been through all the settings over and over but I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is.
I have a pair of Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IS and had stuttering audio on playback. I solved the problem by reducing the video frame rate from 20 to 15fps (keeping the resolution at the maximum of 2688*1520 for the Main Stream for recording with the Sub-Stream set at 640*480 10fps for mobile live view).

I think that the camera struggles at the maximum video settings, resulting in a loss of audio - and so reducing the frame rate seems to have eased the load on the camera resulting in more consistent audio.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was having the same issue. I am using HIK Vision NVR (DS-7716NI-I4/16P) to record.
This was the solution for me:
Via the NVR web interface, navigate to Configuration >> Storage >> Schedule Settings >> Advanced and ensure "Record Audio" is checked.

Hope this helps someone!
He didn’t mention having an NVR, and stated that he is recording to a local SD card. However, your instructions are still correct. The path to that setting is the same, but when browsing into the camera, not NVR. And I believe that the “record audio” is un-checked by default. I am thinking this is most likely the problem