DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL Panoramic 4k

nick_mouse

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry guys did you know if the DS-1280ZJ-DM55 junction box fits this camera? Which difference with the DS-1280ZJ-PT6, because the DM55 are really expensive!
Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Veinless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How are folks viewing Live View for these cams nowadays? It just doesn't work no matter what browser I use. Very frustrating. On Windows 10.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How are folks viewing Live View for these cams nowadays? It just doesn't work no matter what browser I use. Very frustrating. On Windows 10.
We still use Explorer LOL.

Explorer is still there and there are ways to get Explorer again.

The simple way is to change the BHO folder to another name like oldBHO and BAM Explorer is back...and this thread also shows other ways...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\110.0.1512.48\

Then change BHO to oldBHO or something else and Explorer will open

Looks Like Internet Explorer Died Today

Or this way:

Trouble with new DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY -missing part of menu

"But I upgraded to Win11" .... yep still available:

Internet Explorer via W11

Veinless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I appreciate the full answer! I can open the cam in IE, but "Live View Failed" still comes up. That is, I have no live view, but can change config etc. I have open up 6 other older Hik cams across 4 different models just fine, but this new one does not play nice with any browser so far for Live View :(

Veinless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone have sample shots of how the image looks if it is looking straight down?

Noloboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry guys did you know if the DS-1280ZJ-DM55 junction box fits this camera? Which difference with the DS-1280ZJ-PT6, because the DM55 are really expensive!
Thanks a lot
Did you bite the bullet on this? I'm on the same boat and I don't want to buy it and end up not working. It is not on Amazon Prime so its more difficult to return.

Iceking

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone provide me with main and sub stream settings for this camera?
I've had to set the i frame interval to around 180 but it's still not smooth enough, high traffic area.

Attachments

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I Frame interval should set to 15 to match Frame rate, and Max.Bitrate maybe a little higher to 8192kbps or more unless you got very slow internet and old computer.

tantrim

n3wb
Reaction score
Found a seller located in the USA listing the Hikvision 4K 180° DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL on eBay for a good deal. Ebay is also running 6$ off so after taxes the total was $202.04

EDIT: sold out and price is now $230 before taxes.

Attachments

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Iceking

n3wb
Reaction score
I Frame interval should set to 15 to match Frame rate, and Max.Bitrate maybe a little higher to 8192kbps or more unless you got very slow internet and old computer.
I changed the settings - no dice, both powerline and ethernet. I can only think that the POE injector was to blame, so I gave up and brought a Hikvision NVR. Happy days!

kusojiji

n3wb
Reaction score
For those who are using this with the synology surveillance station, any issues with motion detection? Mine just sends false triggers all day long. I watch the camera and confirm that nothing is moving, no change in darkness/light conditions, but the synology pegs out the motion detect bar and records all day/night long. Am currently using the synology to set the motion detect zones and levels, but that negates all of the other features available on the camera.

Flash2020

n3wb
Reaction score
For those who are using this with the synology surveillance station, any issues with motion detection? Mine just sends false triggers all day long. I watch the camera and confirm that nothing is moving, no change in darkness/light conditions, but the synology pegs out the motion detect bar and records all day/night long. Am currently using the synology to set the motion detect zones and levels, but that negates all of the other features available on the camera.
I'm using it with BI and have the same issue. Camera reports movement all the time while nothing actually moves. I tried lowering the sensitivity etc and nothing helps. In the end just switched to letting BI to detect motion. Its not ideal, but it works.

Veinless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a way to pull the stream from just one of the sensors instead of both?