DS-2CD2365G1-I Motion Detection woes

lunokhod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I've just bought a new Hikvision DS-2CD2365G1-I (v5.6.4 firmware) camera for my house. This is being added to 5 x DS-2CD2342WD-I cameras. I am using iVMS-4200 V2.8.1.4 (latest V2 version) running on a dedicated Win7 machine.

The performance of this camera is amazing compared to the old units. Dynamic range is much improved as is the night performance. I can get quite acceptable performance in my front yard with just the street light at night... of course the increased resolution is good too! :)

But one thing I just can't seem to get working is Motion Detection. It doesn't seem to matter how I set it up, the iVMS-4200 software just doesn't start recording until well into a motion event. I've played with the sensitivity and percentage endlessly and I can't seem to find a setting that works the same as the older cameras. I've tried using different sized detection areas, multiple detection areas... it all ends up the same.
I enabled Dynamic Analysis for Motion and it seems to be a LOT "busier" for the same settings as the older cameras. There are green block flashing all over the image in the iVMS-4200 software. When I walk into the frame, I can see myself covered in green blocks, but the record icon doesn't light up straight away, this only happens some seconds afterwards.

I've tried different resolutions, different frame rates, different exposure levels, different encoding... none of it seems to make the new camera perform the same as the older cameras when it comes to Motion Detection. I also thought there may have been a bandwidth issue so I disabled my other cameras, but this didn't help at all.

I first noticed this when I set it up inside while I was experimenting. I could walk well into the room before the record icon would "light up" on the iVMS software. Putting it into operation in it's final location didn't make any difference.

What is REAL weird is that the onboard SD-Card storage in the new camera DOES record the detected events properly! I have linked some typical captured video in a shared Google Drive folder.

What am I missing? Does anyone else in here have one of these cameras and is using it with the iVMS-4200 software?

Michael.