DS-2CD2355FWD-I Turret

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My UK supplier is now selling the DS-2CD2355FWD-I for a few quid more than the 2342's.

Just wondering if anyone has tested them or know much about them?

Min. Illumination: | Color: 0.005 lux @(F1.2, AGC ON), 0 lux with IR

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I must speak to the supplier about their mistake.

They would have been nice.

Pierrre

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I fitted 8 on a recent job and 5 of them wouldnt switch to h265, or it would try, then reboot but lose all settings even the name of the camera all back to default. So annoying :) Asked google and he pointed me here to a post mentioning the cover over the reset and sdcard slot.
Unscrewed each one, flattened the rubber gasket down and re-fixed the lid & all sorted. Hope its just the first batches and quality control improves cos some of them were a right chew to get back up to :D

As for the improvement over the 4mp, well I couldnt see any but I did notice over a couple of weeks it was much more efficient on disc space.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any improvement over the 4mp in darkness?

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'd definitely get them over the 2342.

I've pulled a 2342 and a 2335 apart and you can tell the 2335 platform is a generation or two newer. I assume the 2355 is based on the same hardware as the 2335 given they're in the same range (note both don't use a separate light sensor to detect when to switch to night mode like the 2342.)

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you would opt for the 2355 over the ultra low light 2335 then and ditch the the 2342's altogether then?

If there is no light sensor, I take it onboard software determines when to switch between day and night mode based on the image?

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The new generation of Ultra low light cameras like the 2335 are way better than the older 2332 and 2342 in low ambient light in terms of noise and contrast. There are several examples posted in this forum to testify this. In good daylight conditions all cameras are fairly similar, and basically higher resolution sensors give better images. However in general all HIK cameras labeled as WDR @ 120db (not digital WDR) although not entirely true, still the produce better images in difficult high contrast scenes. That's why the latest 2335 generation combine the best true WDR from the 2342 generation and the low light sensitivity. At night under IR illumination the latest 2335 wins all previous generations like the 2332 and the 2342.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So you would opt for the 2355 over the ultra low light 2335 then and ditch the the 2342's altogether then?

If there is no light sensor, I take it onboard software determines when to switch between day and night mode based on the image?
You need to weigh up low light performance vs more MP during the day- it's what you value more. I've "pensioned off" my 2342's from the front of the house- where I desire better low light performance at night. I've not seen a 2355 in action at night so can't comment on that one, the real specs suggest it would be more like the 2342 (ie. average in low light.) So I personally wouldn't want them over the 2335 Ultra Low Light, but they may suit you better.

Yes, I believe they use the actual sensor received image to determine when to change modes.