DS-2CD2345G0P-I from Real HD Store on Amazon

ekbrewer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone know if it is safe to buy DS-2CD2345G0P-I from Real HD Store on Amazon. Need wide angle and want to stick with Hikvision, but seem to remember hearing about Amazon 3rd party sellers providing cameras with problematic firmwares.
Thanks!
Eric

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know if it is safe to buy DS-2CD2345G0P-I from Real HD Store on Amazon. Need wide angle and want to stick with Hikvision, but seem to remember hearing about Amazon 3rd party sellers providing cameras with problematic firmwares.
Thanks!
Eric
The info on the vendor says they're based in Chicago. Since amazon says it has "free returns", I'd go for it.
Just don't expect the best low light performance from a 4MP cam with only a 1/2.7" sensor.

ekbrewer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I sent them a msg andvthey saifd this:

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately this camera is not US version. It is international version with International English Firmware. Thanks

The info on the vendor says they're based in Chicago. Since amazon says it has "free returns", I'd go for it.
Just don't expect the best low light performance from a 4MP cam with only a 1/2.7" sensor.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
International version usually means it is legit and not hacked into English firmware.

ekbrewer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
that’s what i was hoping. Just ordered. Any tips on what to look for with bad firmware when I get it?

International version usually means it is legit and not hacked into English firmware.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you update it and it goes Chinese or bricks it is bad software LOL.

Basically if you set the camera up and like it, don't update it and you will be fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
that’s what i was hoping. Just ordered. Any tips on what to look for with bad firmware when I get it?
If you dont need the large vertical FOV then this is a much better option. Its 199 now direct from Annke and is made by hikvision and will even take hik firmware. Much better low light and double the resolution plus you will get audio - both mic and speaker.

ekbrewer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nice looking camera. Thanks for the suggestion, but I do need that vertical FOV and also need IR.

If you dont need the large vertical FOV then this is a much better option. Its 199 now direct from Annke and is made by hikvision and will even take hik firmware. Much better low light and double the resolution plus you will get audio - both mic and speaker.