ds-2cd2142fwd-is crappy buggy no playback error?

Dutchlincoln

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi, i have this cam for 2 weeks now, with a 128GB sd card in it for the time being until i have a recorder.
Played a lot with it, adjusted it, looked back recordings, etcetera. All fine.

Now, i have a issue that i want to take a look at at my cam, and i have a playback error continuously.
This due the time of ths morning at 08:00 approx. until 14:00. Very crappy i cannot view these videos. I see all pink pieces of recordings, but i get a crappy "playback failed" message when i want to view them. Tried it on 3 computers, win7 win10, explorer and firefox (Chrome sucks lately).

Weird weird weird: on my phone with the 4200 app, i can "view" these images, although this app had a buggy issue as well: live view is great,playback gives a green image, with a blur of the actual video on it (android). So i can (hardly) see the time running, bot not what i want to see.

Yes, i already re-booted the device...

Is this a form of "hikvision sucks, buy dahua" or something else?

This is really shit for a security product!!!

Any help/hints, as i'm quite pissed off right now: invested in some securyty equipment, that fails on me when i need it...
In the corrent state i'm in, i'd like to smash it from the wall with a hammer.

Damn, i'm pissed...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi, i have this cam for 2 weeks now, with a 128GB sd card in it for the time being until i have a recorder.
Played a lot with it, adjusted it, looked back recordings, etcetera. All fine.

Now, i have a issue that i want to take a look at at my cam, and i have a playback error continuously.
This due the time of ths morning at 08:00 approx. until 14:00. Very crappy i cannot view these videos. I see all pink pieces of recordings, but i get a crappy "playback failed" message when i want to view them. Tried it on 3 computers, win7 win10, explorer and firefox (Chrome sucks lately).

Weird weird weird: on my phone with the 4200 app, i can "view" these images, although this app had a buggy issue as well: live view is great,playback gives a green image, with a blur of the actual video on it (android). So i can (hardly) see the time running, bot not what i want to see.

Yes, i already re-booted the device...

Is this a form of "hikvision sucks, buy dahua" or something else?

This is really shit for a security product!!!

Any help/hints, as i'm quite pissed off right now: invested in some securyty equipment, that fails on me when i need it...
In the corrent state i'm in, i'd like to smash it from the wall with a hammer.

Damn, i'm pissed...
Where did you buy your SD card? What brand is it. Understand that there are MANY counterfeit sd cards. Try another known good card. The sd cards work perfectly fine in hikvision cameras. This is likely some form of user error.