DS-2CD2132-IS vs DS-2CD2532-IS

Peter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me what the important difference
between these cams are because the physical appearance
is about the only difference I can see.
It looks as if I can freely set the lens in any direction within the
transparent plastic dome on both cameras.
Both have alarm and audio.
Do they use different sensor maybe
because the price is about the double for the 2532 variant.
Maybe demand is high for 2532 so price goes up? - logical of course.
Thanks everyone

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: DS-2CD2132-IS vs DS-2CD2432-IS

Can somebody please tell me what the important difference
between these cams are because the physical appearance
is about the only difference I can see.
It looks as if I can freely set the lens in any direction within the
transparent plastic dome on both cameras.
Both have alarm and audio.
Do they use different sensor maybe
because the price is about the double for the 2532 variant.
Maybe demand is high for 2532 so price goes up? - logical of course.
Thanks everyone
Just to clarify do you mean the 2132 and 2532? or 2432? You heading says 2432...

Peter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Sorry my heading is wrong it should be 2532 of course - but I cant change it now darn :)
Can it be changed somehow by someone with more admin juice?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Sorry my heading is wrong it should be 2532 of course - but I cant change it now darn :)
Can it be changed somehow by someone with more admin juice?
I made the edit...
The 2132 comes in several flavor..the F-IS model is 3 axis and has audio connections..the standard 2132 is 2 axis and no audio connections.
The 2532IS differs in that it has a built in MIC..the 2132fis requires you to mount your own outside the camera.
the 2532 is also much smaller in size and therefore has weaker IR...it all depends on what you are using the camera for.

Peter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks man - Ok so the 2132f-is with firmware 5.2.3 or lower is the way to go ~80isch bucks on ali :)
I totally missed this 2 and 3-axis thing and mic I thought was in-built in both cameras - so much for browsing ali.
Maybe its good that you can connect own MIC so we can direct it properly and maybe add a anti-wind muffler
Still the 2532f-is is very tiny and holds its own crown and higher price :) cant decide really.
This forum is good otherwise I would have missed these features in my haste because I always
order things like this after a drink to quickly

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks man - Ok so the 2132f-is with firmware 5.2.3 or lower is the way to go ~80isch bucks on ali :)
I totally missed this 2 and 3-axis thing and mic I thought was in-built in both cameras - so much for browsing ali.
Maybe its good that you can connect own MIC so we can direct it properly and maybe add a anti-wind muffler
Still the 2532f-is is very tiny and holds its own crown and higher price :) cant decide really.
This forum is good otherwise I would have missed these features in my haste because I always
order things like this after a drink to quickly
be sure to purchase from a reliable seller like cctv china and order the correct lens size
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/FREE-shipping-Hikvision-DS-2CD2132-I-3MP-Outdoor-Network-Mini-Dome-Camera-30M-IR-Digital-HD/638300_1397050451.html

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I own both,

there both great cameras. This in built mic on the 2532 I find is great.
The 2532 is limited ir, maximum out to 10 meters. I believe the 2132 is 30 meter ir range.

it all depends where you want to mount them. I have my 2532 mounted at the front of house covering the front door. Ir is more than strong enough to cover the door entry. I am surprised at the quality of the mic on the 2532. It picks up someone closing there car door 10 meters away as if the car is beside the camera. Cars driving pass 15 meters away can be clearly heard.

Peter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yea I have seen here only good reputation about Julia but never bought from her.
I am also going to mount it up above the door in the ceiling so to speak so it looks
down at the guest.
I dont know if the smart ir function really works on these cameras and if it doesnt
then maybe the 2532 with its weaker ir works better as a "door entry" camera

ender77

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a newbie question, but can someone tell me how to setup the "audio-out" on the 2132F-IS model that has the 2-way audio? Does this have a built-in speaker?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a newbie question, but can someone tell me how to setup the "audio-out" on the 2132F-IS model that has the 2-way audio? Does this have a built-in speaker?
You will need to connect your own speaker.. It will require independent power as well...
You need to supply your own mic as well however it will work with a non powered microphone
Sent via Taptalk

ender77

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a built-in microphone for the audio-in? If so, does it send the audio to the NVR over ethernet or do you need to supply a separate audio 2.5 mm cable?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a built-in microphone for the audio-in? If so, does it send the audio to the NVR over ethernet or do you need to supply a separate audio 2.5 mm cable?
The 2132f-IS does not have a built in mic..the 2532-IS does...whether the mic is built in or you add it, the audio is transmitted together with the video in the rtsp stream over ethernet, you dont use any additional cables...