DS-2CD2132 Firmware V5.3.0 build 150327 Latest?

chrisk

n3wb
Reaction score
My DS-2CD2132F-I is currently running firmware: V5.3.0 build 150327

Is that the latest version?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you used the search function or spent at least one minute research on this?

Maybe you've misunderstood this forum as it's your first post. Here is the e-mail address you should be e-mailing that kind of post to: support@hikvision.com

chrisk

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you used the search function or spent at least one minute research on this?

Maybe you've misunderstood this forum as it's your first post. Here is the e-mail address you should be e-mailing that kind of post to: support@hikvision.com
I loathe the people that wield the "Did you use the search" like you are the keeper of all IP cam knowledge.

Of course I used the search. I found nothing on 5 pages of posts about a later version.

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
So the answer is yes. There is a 5.4.0 version and you can find it on the Hikvision Europe firmware portal. I upgraded a DS-2CD2332-I earlier in the week, had a poke around and then downgraded again. Be aware if you upgrade to this version you won't be able to downgrade unless you either crack it open and get to know the serial terminal, or use a modified firmware posted earlier in the week by Enabler that should allow you to downgrade.

Unless you have a specific use case for any of the minor fixes in the firmware I'd stay clear of it. It does not bring anything worth upgrading for. To be honest it has been my experience that it's not worth upgrading Hikvision firmware *ever* unless you are trying to fix a specific issue you know is fixed in a later version. All they seem to do is remove features that were perhaps over-optimistically put in at the start, and introduce new and annoying bugs. Let's say I don't hold their firmware QA/QC in high regard and their release notes are a joke.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I loathe the people that wield the "Did you use the search" like you are the keeper of all IP cam knowledge.

Of course I used the search. I found nothing on 5 pages of posts about a later version.
I'm not the keeper of all IP cam knowledge. But your first ever post shows sheer laziness that normally results in you bricking your camera which could be avoided by doing some basic research. Your 2nd post shows that you are either too lazy or inept to read the wealth of knowledge already there.

You should follow Brad_C's advise and not update to a later version for many reasons, one being that you will probably brick your camera.

P.S. I loathe people who's first post is like yours. Lazy or inept. There's a new member introductions and lots of stickys. Try doing some research first.