ds-2cd2047g1 and a Normal looking junction box

Raby

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all
I want to get ds-2cd2047g1 to test and see how good it fits my environment

I will be installing it directly on the wall where the cable comes directly from the wall
the problem is that I can see that DS-1280ZJ is the only junction box that fits, but it has one side open for the cable , which I don't need
can I the piece in the picture out and fill it somehow so there will be no holes on the sides of the junction box.

Attachments

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, I don't have that j-box but the gland on the side should be pretty standard size. Search for a conduit plug on your local Amazon. My guess is 1/2 or 3/4 mpt or bpt.

ccssid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all
I want to get ds-2cd2047g1 to test and see how good it fits my environment

I will be installing it directly on the wall where the cable comes directly from the wall
the problem is that I can see that DS-1280ZJ is the only junction box that fits, but it has one side open for the cable , which I don't need
can I the piece in the picture out and fill it somehow so there will be no holes on the sides of the junction box.
You could always get a round plastic junction box and a solid cover at Lowes or home Depot. They also have the plugs you need. Use sheet metal screws or something similar to screw directly into the solid cover. Pre-drll the holes. Just make these holes smaller than the screws. Make sure to get the weatherproof type box/cover

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could always get a round plastic junction box and a solid cover at Lowes or home Depot. They also have the plugs you need. Use sheet metal screws or something similar to screw directly into the solid cover. Pre-drll the holes. Just make these holes smaller than the screws. Make sure to get the weatherproof type box/cover
Like this? ==>> Bullet Camera Mounting Box