DS-2CD2032F-IS Firmware V5.2.9

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi I just received this camera DS-2CD2032F-IS from China it has the micro sd card slot, it states on the box and the camera that it is V5.2.9 made 03/2015.
I haven't found any mention of this firmware version online although it is sold as English and multi-language. I am at present in the Middle east and my NVR is in the UK, does anyone know anything about this firmware version.

Thanks

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not seen that one, it would have been a logical move forward from 5.2.8 but probably had a bug fix prior to release of 5.3.0

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does your camera look like this ?

As I have not seen this model with a micro SD card or "F-IS" version in the Hikvison product range. Even the latest model the DS-2CD2042WD-I was no mension of a SD card slot.

Just wondering if you have the right model number.

Attachments

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its the same as in your picture, and states V5.2.9 although the seller has now told me they have put English V5.25 which makes me wonder if the sd-card will be recognised !.
I have now purchased 3no DS-2CD213F-IS domes (USA original in retail boxes) from Amazon for $118 each which may be $30 or so more than AliExpress but to me is worth it just to avoid the headaches of firmware or language.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its the same as in your picture, and states V5.2.9 although the seller has now told me they have put English V5.25 which makes me wonder if the sd-card will be recognised !.
I have now purchased 3no DS-2CD213F-IS domes (USA original in retail boxes) from Amazon for $118 each which may be $30 or so more than AliExpress but to me is worth it just to avoid the headaches of firmware or language.
The cameras you purchased on amazon are almost certainly same as alixpress. China region cameras and not US cameras...you will have issues if you upgrade your firmware...They simply charged you extra for fast shipping and amazons return policy...

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They are a bargin at that price as long as you received the retail version.

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There are some other posts on this site from people who say they did get the original USA version from ''NETVIEW'' , so fingers crossed, am I correct in assuming the USA and UK versions are the same just change 50/60 Hz setting ? I am in the Middle East working at present but they are for my home in the UK.