Dropped camera and now it's dead

jogie

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got a new Hik 2032 and accidentally dropped it about 3-4 feet onto a tile floor and now it won't power up. I've tried it with both POE and a 12 volt adapter with no luck. Has anyone had experience with this? Any components on the board to look at in particular?

I got it off Amazon so I doubt that I can get support/warranty from the seller, especially since it was accidental damage.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you purchased it on a credit card, many offer 90-120 days of accidental damage protection....call them...

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well jogie,
If the credit card solution doesn't match, you can go to this below solution too:

Shock is is like the lottery...

1st step :You will need to open it and check all connections, if one was not unplugged.
So this step is the most quickest.
You have several boads Inside. So check each connector one by one : unplug it and plug it again.
¨Please take care with the ribbon one, the connector plugs are quite tricky and requires some technic to unlock/lock for plug/unplug the flexible PCB ribbon.

2nd step is more delicate as you will need to check each board with a magnifying glass to check if one component was not unweld and pcb wired/solder broken due to the shock.
Check specially the transformer on the first board.
If nothing was found after all of the previous steps , then the broken connection will probably be under some controller; here you cannot do anything as all components are CMS and we canot have access under components welds.

If you not feel free with the above, maybe you have an electronics friend who can do this for you?

Hope you will be lucky and find the failure .

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just make sure you're honest with the seller about what happened. They probably won't cover it, but just because they are a store doesn't mean they have a lot of money to play with. I sell things online and I know some buyers are overly demanding with me just because Amazon or Ebay side with buyers 99.9% of the time even when they shouldn't.