"drives over quota" how to fix?

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I cant for the life of me work this out! It constantly shows up as drives over quota. If I repair the DB, it works for a bit but then returns. If I allocate more disk space to "new" it works for a bit but then returns. I've tried all db repair options, I cant seem to fix this.

1694829106034.png

1694829082907.png
1694829286272.png
1694829131767.png
1694829155176.png

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Your screenshot to me doesn’t make sense? New is set to c:\blueiris\video test your screenshot shows a folder within?

Also is P on a NAS?

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your screenshot to me doesn’t make sense? New is set to c:\blueiris\video test your screenshot shows a folder within?

Also is P on a NAS?
Which part does not make sense? Because there is a folder called "CCTV" inside c:\blueiris\video? That's how I setup the recording tab, i.e. C:\blueiris\video\cctv\cameraname

P drive is a local hard drive.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Normally folks use the C drive for the database and place the NEW folder on the storage drive. That saves hell of a lot of wear and tear on the main drive.
Stored would not normally be needed though BI places a folder for it.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
Only Windows, Blue Iris and BI's "DB" folder should be on C: drive and ideally that would be a SSD.
Having video written to the same drive as the O/S and BI executes from can cause many issues.
Video should be written to a spinning HDD, ideally a surveillance-rated HDD such as a WD Purple.

I highly recommend this from @SouthernYankee:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Dont write "New" to C:\ write "New" to another drive. We typically use a C:\ drive to run everything BUT the "NEW" data storage.
Don't screw with the defaults on the other parameters until you get that straightened out.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Which part does not make sense? Because there is a folder called "CCTV" inside c:\blueiris\video? That's how I setup the recording tab, i.e. C:\blueiris\video\cctv\cameraname

P drive is a local hard drive.
As far as I know BI will look at files within C:\Buleiris\Video, so writing stuff into subfolders within this folder even if it is by using the path in the recording tab may well be the issue?