Driver Stops for a Picture

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
At the 28 second mark of this video you can see the flash from the camera turn on. It also looks like he has a second cell phone attached to the dashboard. I believe he was just taking a picture of the view. This morning it was very clear and you could see the Santa Cruz Mountains on the other side of the valley from that spot in the street.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
could be a appraiser that is taking pictures for Comp?
I'm not sure who he is, but he came back yesterday and drove very slowly by that same spot and then headed up the street and made a u-turn and then went down the hill. I was able to capture his license plate on both visits.

Picture Guy Returns.jpg

ipcamgeek

n3wb
Reaction score
if an appraiser needs to come back for second day, then he is not a great appraiser that can take good picture. It is good that you capture the license plate. At least you have something on record.

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice clear picture. Is that a PTZ camera? Was it manually controlled to zoom in during the capture, or was that digital zoom during playback (pretty amazing resolution, if so)? Or was the camera detecting the driver and automatically zooming in on him live during the capture?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Great screen grab. Specs and how you got it?
The image is a screen capture from VLC. The original video was captured in Blue Iris. I exported the video from Blue Iris as an MP4 and then did the screen capture. Normally I would have just take a screenshot in Blue Iris, but since I already had the video exported I decided to just to grab a screen from VLC to make a quick post on the forum.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice clear picture. Is that a PTZ camera? Was it manually controlled to zoom in during the capture, or was that digital zoom during playback (pretty amazing resolution, if so)? Or was the camera detecting the driver and automatically zooming in on him live during the capture?
Camera is the Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ Version 1. I was manually controlling the camera using Blue Iris. I noticed the car driving down the hill and turning the corner in front of our house. At the time I didn't notice the car was the same one from the other day. I just noticed that as the car drove down the hill it paused at the corner so I had time to use a preset in Blue Iris to zoom to that spot in front of our house. Later I realized it was the same guy and car from the other day. I still think he was just taking a picture of the view. He never looked at the front of our house, and the only picture he took was of the side of our house and our neighbors.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I Must say I look forward to your videos. Seems the end of your driveway is something out of the twilight zone for sure. I know the huisun cameras get a lot of trash talking here but I must say you produce some of the best videos and pictures on this form. Thanks for sharing.