Dreadfully slow login/viewing using DDNS (but not IP)...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Kinda hard to summarize this one in a one line title.

When I'm on my LAN on my phone and log into my BI server (latest 5.4.9.18) using the BI app (latest .34 version), having only the WAN DDNS (no LAN IP) in the app, I get on with normal speed/latency. However, when I switch to cell data, or other WAN (i.e. neighbor's WIFI), using the DDNS (dynu.com) forwarding URL takes >30 seconds to get logged in - and once logged in, the main screen takes another 20+ seconds for the cpu/mem/disk info to populate. It is unusable.

Here's the head scratcher... When I enter my direct public WAN IP address (replacing the DDNS URL) it works perfectly when I try to log in from outside my network.

Even more confounding, this problem does NOT exist when using UI3. IOW, if I'm on my phone's browser using either the DDNS URL or my actual WAN IP, it's blazingly fast.

It would appear that the BI app is getting tripped up on the DDNS, but only if it's on the WAN.

I've already sent a note to Ken/Sam and they've asked for temp access to duplicate. Figured I'd post it here if anyone else may have seen this issue.

FWIW, I rolled back to the last stable version, and it made no difference.