Double-Check a Purchase?

Reaction score
I've been reading up for a while now and feel like I've memorized the IPcamTalk hardware guide. That said, I'm still not all that confident in selecting a used system on eBay.

As for my system, I'm looking to start small with roughly four 4MP cameras. Over the next 18 months, I'm looking to grow the total 4MP camera number to 10-12 cameras at roughly 10-12 FPS. Also, I'm looking to have all cameras continuously record, if possible.

So, I'm searching out a system that will be able to handle this sort of a setup. Also, I really prefer a rack mount solution.

Searching today, this is what I've found:
Apologies in advance for my ignorance. For some reason I think I'm too dense to get a proper system setup.

Thanks,
Chappy

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've been reading up for a while now and feel like I've memorized the IPcamTalk hardware guide. That said, I'm still not all that confident in selecting a used system on eBay.

As for my system, I'm looking to start small with roughly four 4MP cameras. Over the next 18 months, I'm looking to grow the total 4MP camera number to 10-12 cameras at roughly 10-12 FPS. Also, I'm looking to have all cameras continuously record, if possible.

So, I'm searching out a system that will be able to handle this sort of a setup. Also, I really prefer a rack mount solution.

Searching today, this is what I've found:
Apologies in advance for my ignorance. For some reason I think I'm too dense to get a proper system setup.

Thanks,
Chappy
Welcome.

For Blue Iris hardware look here: Choosing Hardware for Blue Iris | IP Cam Talk
DO NOT BUY A XEON SPACE HEATER!!!!!

For everything else start here: Resource Guide on IP Technology for all Noobs

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Thanks. I've nearly got the hardware for blue iris guide memorized so I know that a Xeon is not recommended. I suppose my biggest question, then, is if it's possible to get an i5 or i7 packaged into a rack mount chassis?

If I had to I could put a shelf in the rack and lay the OptiPlex on its side, but I'd prefer a rack mount chassis, ultimately.