Doorbell Input Verification Code

hank rizzo

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone help out, My Doorbell Hik Connect app is asking to Input Verification Code for push notifications playback. The Doorbell is connected wifi. I also have a NVR, The Hik connect app verification code will work for the NVR playback. I can not playback the push notifications from the doorbell. It reject the verification code.

I tried to enter the verification code that came on the barcode, I also tried ABCDEF, I even set the Encryption Key on the NVR to ABCDEF
I can not get the playback to load.

If I shut off the encryption off on the NVR, and i can get the playback to work.

any thoughts?

Last edited:

suzukifd

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok great i am not the only one having this issue as well. Any update on this?

hank rizzo

n3wb
Reaction score
Do u have a nvr?
Are you using DNS or pt cloud?
If your not using pt cloud, disable it.
That should fix issue of verification code
Set up DNS with the guarding vision

suzukifd

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using guardian .What seems is that I enabled motion notification on the camera so the push notifications coming from there .can you get push from nvr?

hank rizzo

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I get notifications using the hik connect app. Make sure that when you added your nvr to the app that you used the DNS information of the nvr into hikconnect app.

suzukifd

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I get notifications using the hik connect app. Make sure that when you added your nvr to the app that you used the DNS information of the nvr into hikconnect app.
Thanks I am getting push notifications from the nvr now. The only other issue I am having is that I get the notification and try and play it back and I get no video found.? I have my nvr setup for 24hr recording .

Update
Well I have to wait over a min for the nvr to process the clip. Then I can play it back .Doesn't make sense . it should be instant . Thought??

hank rizzo

n3wb
Reaction score
I also have delay on message playback. I get a notification and I can not play back instantly.