Door intercom BI integration suggestions

SoCal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate a front intercom with BI

Ultimately what I want is to see and talk to the person at my front door and record them
They do not need to see me
I need to access a camera view from the front door and from a second location further deep in the house

I cant seem to figure a simple wat with BI

All I can think of is have a cam at the front door with a tablet monitor and a second one deeper in the house
Sound is the issue I cant figure that part out. All I can think of is a wi fi intercom for audio

Am I missing something simple in BI?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated :)

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
People have talked about this extensively in other threads in the past few weeks. Search around and read up on those. What I took from them was that the general consensus is that the camera should be one part, the intercom an entirely different part. Ideally you can go ahead and put a tablet/monitor at those locations to monitor that one particular camera and then put another intercom piece at each location with those tablets/monitors.

You can also consider a HikVision Cube but be advised they are not weatherproof and they are pretty visible. That's also where the audio will come from so you can't actually hide it or cover it as that will affect the communication.

SoCal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
People have talked about this extensively in other threads in the past few weeks. Search around and read up on those. What I took from them was that the general consensus is that the camera should be one part, the intercom an entirely different part. Ideally you can go ahead and put a tablet/monitor at those locations to monitor that one particular camera and then put another intercom piece at each location with those tablets/monitors.

You can also consider a HikVision Cube but be advised they are not weatherproof and they are pretty visible. That's also where the audio will come from so you can't actually hide it or cover it as that will affect the communication.

Thank you

I did do some reading here but was hoping it was another hallucination my old brain was having

I will go old school on the intercom, maybe a couple tin cans

:)