Dome not responding

dimuc

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried to update my HiK speed dome firmware (failed) however my device is now unreachable. I can see in SADP tool that an IP has been allocated but I cant access the camera GUI.

Status of camera is showing Offline(detecting) when i click connect address http://<cameraIP><port> browser returns 'unable to connect'

there is also an internal IP address 192.168.254.21 different to the above but I am unclear if this can be used to try and connect?

help would be appreciated.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to update my HiK speed dome firmware (failed) however my device is now unreachable. I can see in SADP tool that an IP has been allocated but I cant access the camera GUI.

Status of camera is showing Offline(detecting) when i click connect address http://<cameraIP><port> browser returns 'unable to connect'

there is also an internal IP address 192.168.254.21 different to the above but I am unclear if this can be used to try and connect?

help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Was this camera a china region hack cam? Start reading those threads...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No cam is purchased from UK from one of the main distributors
So you're a CCTV trade professional then? Because that's the only way you can buy from one of the Hikvision distributors. Unless of course you mean Amazon which isn't a main distributor.

Try to help people here help you with some actual information - even some basic stuff.

What's the model number?
What's the letters (omit numbers) in the serial number?
How is everything connected?
What was the previous firmware? Which version did you try to flash? How did you flash it?

dimuc

n3wb
Reaction score
I meant it was a UK purchased product from a reputible distributor via a local based company who carried out the install. Unfortunately the installing company is no longer operating.

I am an end user trying to learn and fix related issues with my installed equipment.

I managed to resolve the issue using TFTP once I got my head around it :)

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I meant it was a UK purchased product from a reputible distributor via a local based company who carried out the install. Unfortunately the installing company is no longer operating.

I am an end user trying to learn and fix related issues with my installed equipment.

I managed to resolve the issue using TFTP once I got my head around it :)
Good job, sorry I couldn't help you a few days ago - I've only just got back on here.

Shame to hear about the installing company. Please don't update again!

dimuc

n3wb
Reaction score
Too late I tried to update again and same issue! Although I can now recover the device.