Does SmartPSS require Quick Sync?

hunternm

n3wb
Reaction score
I am thinking of switching from Lorex NVR to SmartPSS. I came across one post here saying BI uses Quick Sync so you
a) you can not run BI on a AMD machine
b) you can not run BI in a virtual machine.

I am wondering if this applies to SmartPSS as well? I have a PC with AMD cpu and currently use it as a hyper-v server. I am planning to build a virtual machine for smartpss. Does SmartPSS need to be on a physical machine?

Thanks,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am thinking of switching from Lorex NVR to SmartPSS. I came across one post here saying BI uses Quick Sync so you
a) you can not run BI on a AMD machine
b) you can not run BI in a virtual machine.

I am wondering if this applies to SmartPSS as well? I have a PC with AMD cpu and currently use it as a hyper-v server. I am planning to build a virtual machine for smartpss. Does SmartPSS need to be on a physical machine?

Thanks,
This is incorrect. You can certainly run BI on an amd machine or a vm. Generally, that is not a smart choice because amd is less efficient and you want BI running on bare metal, intel systems are super cheap and available.

hunternm

n3wb
Reaction score
This is incorrect. You can certainly run BI on an amd machine or a vm. Generally, that is not a smart choice because amd is less efficient and you want BI running on bare metal, intel systems are super cheap and available.
Good to know. Thanks.