Does Line Crossing detection need an iframe to trigger? Does it need an iframe if running directly on the camera?

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If a Hikvision camera has Line crossing detection activated, does line crossing need a iframe to trigger if Line crossing is done in Surveillance station?

Does it need an iframe if Line Crossing is active directly on the camera as well or is it independent there?

Read on this posting:

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If a Hikvision camera has Line crossing detection activated, does line crossing need a iframe to trigger if Line crossing is done in Surveillance station?

Does it need an iframe if Line Crossing is active directly on the camera as well or is it independent there?

Read on this posting:
Hi @rotation

Good question.

iirc Blue Iris does need iFrames for computing this ( Blue Iris pros can correct me on this, hopefully they'll tune in also ) .. so the question now is does Surveillance Station likewise need it.

Depends on which product is doing the line crossing test, AND if the VMS / NVR supports the Hikvision API if the camera is doing the line crossing test.

So a follow on question now is .. does Surveillance Station support the Hikvision API ?

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am not sure, I found nothing about the Hik protocol in the cam settings in Surveillance Station, but the event detection algorithm source can be done by camera or by surveillance station.

I guess the camera still is doing the detection, but that does not answer the question :(

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am not sure, I found nothing about the Hik protocol in the cam settings in Surveillance Station, but the event detection algorithm source can be done by camera or by surveillance station.

I guess the camera still is doing the detection, but that does not answer the question :(
"event detection algorithm source can be done by camera"

check if the camera has this ability .. and login directly to the camera to check it is setup ..

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, the camera has this ability and it does work.
If there is an event detected it is sent to Surveillance Station doing the recording.
So the detection is not done in SS (which would definitly require an iframe) but it is done in the camera (which is the question if the camera needs an iframe or is the event detection done before compressing the stream in iframe and pframe)...