Does IPhone app allow continuous live viewing without timing out

CTMaineah

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone! new to the forum and to Blue Iris. I am considering purchasing Blue Iris and did the 15 day trial period but it ran out before I could test this.

I want to set an old Ipad up in the kitchen to display the cameras all the time. Will the iOS app allow this or will it only show live view for a minute or something then pause until you reload it? I tested ispy as well but they don't have an app and after a short time the live images all pause.

Thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! new to the forum and to Blue Iris. I am considering purchasing Blue Iris and did the 15 day trial period but it ran out before I could test this.

I want to set an old Ipad up in the kitchen to display the cameras all the time. Will the iOS app allow this or will it only show live view for a minute or something then pause until you reload it? I tested ispy as well but they don't have an app and after a short time the live images all pause.

Thank you!!
Welcome to the forum. If your wifi connection is strong it will not pause..you can use the blue iris mobile app as well as other apps like tinycam and ipcamviewer for live viewing..hardwire connection is always best.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I have had blue iris running for several weeks without me touching it on a phone by the front door. Cycling through all my cameras. It even reconnects after I reboot the blue iris PC.