Does brown box white box matter with dahua?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've seen talk about brown box vs white box one being Chinese versions and the other being export English versions. Since dahua aren't hacked firmware am I correct in assuming everything is white box?

I'm thinking of trying to find an update for my nvr.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
White Label means Rebranded Oem, like Lorex, Swann, FLIR Sys.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-label_product

Then you have OEM Label, which will say: Dahua on them.. Ive only got one OEM Label camera..

Then you have no label, which are basically unbranded white labels.. most of mine are this, and most from china are too.

The important thing is to get one with English Firmware, thats about it.. my Dahua NVR is PAL, works fine.. displays out HDMI fine too, my LPR camera is PAL too and I have not had any issues, but I could if I tried using the analouge port on the back for a live focus view.

They are not region locked so they are not hacked, most cameras come with english firmware by default except a few only intended for the china market and those are hard to find.

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All of the 4MP dome cameras Ive bought so far from the same seller on AliExpress were logod, one wedge 4MP from a different seller was not. Havent bought any bullet cameras yet.