Does BI support Pushover notification?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of missing important message due to thinking that my sms are from BI.

Pushover notification would be perfect as it's separate from the primary SMS.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of missing important message due to thinking that my sms are from BI.

it supports push notification to the app directly...no need for sms or pushover.

Springer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It would be very nice to have a plug-in that would send pushes of our own choosing. Pushbullet comes to mind as it can send video clips, snapshots or files. I would like a snapshot of the motion detected by BI so that I can decide if loading up the VPN and logging into the BI server is needed.

I think I would be more willing to pay a subscription for a service like that as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It would be very nice to have a plug-in that would send pushes of our own choosing. Pushbullet comes to mind as it can send video clips, snapshots or files. I would like a snapshot of the motion detected by BI so that I can decide if loading up the VPN and logging into the BI server is needed.

I think I would be more willing to pay a subscription for a service like that as well.
you would need to email support to request something like this.

Springer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Just noticed your message again. You can send Pushovers via email. Log into your account at the Pushover site and have a look below your User Key, there is a key that you use to send pushes via email. I would create a single purpose Gmail account for this purpose.

I just wish Pushbullet had the same feature.

SteveN1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just resurrecting this thread with another vote for a pushover direct from Blue Iris. I got here probably the same way many have; living in a location where there are no free SMS gateways offered by the local telcos. A direct pushover notification would be ideal.

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
BI doesn't support pushover natively, but you can send pushover notifications by email as mentioned above.

If you want something more advanced, you can run openHAB and even have alerts with animated gifs of clips sent via pushover

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just resurrecting this thread with another vote for a pushover direct from Blue Iris. I got here probably the same way many have; living in a location where there are no free SMS gateways offered by the local telcos. A direct pushover notification would be ideal.
The vote is meaningless. You would need to email blue iris support. As noted earlier, the app provides push notification support.