Does anyone monitor their residential cameras?

Reaction score
Laptop running Chrome/UI3 next to our recliners, voice and remote control to switch inputs on our TVs to bring up cameras. Also UI3 on our iPads.

2DF2EF99-24FA-428D-8C4A-94E31CDA7EE1.jpeg

FBF010AA-DCAA-4EAB-8A51-9389E16DDBE5.jpeg

NoBr8ks

n3wb
Reaction score
Picture framed 7" RaspberryPi (Linux) touch screens, Kitchen, main hallway, master bed hallway, master bath/closet. Only plays one camera feed at a time (RTSP), either the driveway or adjoining courtyard. Touch screens have other functions too.

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Picture framed 7" RaspberryPi (Linux) touch screens, Kitchen, main hallway, master bed hallway, master bath/closet. Only plays one camera feed at a time (RTSP), either the driveway or adjoining courtyard. Touch screens have other functions too.
Interesting, can you show us some pics?? Especially the Rpi setup......... thanks

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With blue iris, i did the fine tuning on alerts that go to my phone on the cameras I care about, setup a simple website for any computer on the network to be able to go to, and have 2 hdmi over ethernet adapters that go to living room tv and masterbedroom tv as an input. Wireless keyboard the size of my phone that will work anywhere in the house if i needed to change anything.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
What am I missing??

Since I spend most of my time at the computer (retired and bored), it sits right in front of my computer monitor.
If you spend most of your time on the PC, have you thought about getting an Ultra Wide or Super Ultra Wide Monitor? These are wide enough to allow 2 windows side by side at full size on Ultra Wide or 3 on Super Ultra Wide. That means you could have a full size CCTV showing on one side whilst using your pc for other things on the other. So not interruption to your PC activities and the CCTV always on view.

A 34" 21:9 Ultra Wide is the same size as 2 x 27" 16:9 Monitors.

A 49" 32:9 Super Ultra Wide is the same size as 3 x 27" 16:9 Monitors.

Linus Tech Tips discusses both in this video aimed more at the SUW but makes some comparison. There is a separate Linus review of UW somewhere on YT:

Also Windows Management Software to help you manage the space.

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you spend most of your time on the PC, have you thought about getting an Ultra Wide or Super Ultra Wide Monitor? These are wide enough to allow 2 windows side by side at full size on Ultra Wide or 3 on Super Ultra Wide. That means you could have a full size CCTV showing on one side whilst using your pc for other things on the other. So not interruption to your PC activities and the CCTV always on view.

A 34" 21:9 Ultra Wide is the same size as 2 x 27" 16:9 Monitors.

A 49" 32:9 Super Ultra Wide is the same size as 3 x 27" 16:9 Monitors.

Linus Tech Tips discusses both in this video aimed more at the SUW but makes some comparison. There is a separate Linus review of UW somewhere on YT:
That is an interesting concept, but I think I will stick with my retired 5" cell phone sitting directly in front of my monitor. It is free, uses very little space on my desktop and is mobile if necessary. BUT, it only shows the image from one cam, since it is too small to show multiple cams. I guess IF I had a need to show multiple cams, then your method would be the best solution........
thanks for that information.

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With blue iris, i did the fine tuning on alerts that go to my phone on the cameras I care about, setup a simple website for any computer on the network to be able to go to, and have 2 hdmi over ethernet adapters that go to living room tv and masterbedroom tv as an input. Wireless keyboard the size of my phone that will work anywhere in the house if i needed to change anything.
That sounds like a very convenient setup...... Sounds like an active setup......

NoBr8ks

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting, can you show us some pics?? Especially the Rpi setup......... thanks
IMG_0002.JPGIMG_0003.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0006.JPG
Rpi3 LibreELEC/Kodi 17.1 (8.2.5) This Pi has a HiFiBerry DAC toslink board too for whole house audio as do the other touchscreens. You can do wifi but mine our hardwired on network. Other Pi's are mounted behind TV's, HDMI to TV (CEC/ARC) another HDMI from TV to respective AVR.

Last edited:

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
View attachment 41057View attachment 41058 View attachment 41059 View attachment 41060
Rpi3 LibreELEC/Kodi 17.1 (8.2.5) This Pi has a HiFiBerry DAC toslink board too for whole house audio as do the other touchscreens. You can do wifi but mine our hardwired on network. Other Pi's are mounted behind TV's, HDMI to TV (CEC/ARC) another HDMI from TV to respective AVR.
What app are you using on your LibreELEC OS?? I am running LibreELEC and CoreELEC on several of my boxes....... All my devices are hardwired also..........