Does anyone know how to Factory Reset these Lorex E891AB cameras?

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Picked up some pre-owned Lorex E891AB cameras. Unfortunately, they did not come factory reset and I don't see a physical button to reset them to access the admin console.

Does anyone know how to Factory Reset them physically before I attempt to return?

Here's the help link that provides no help...

Thank you!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Normally the reset button is nearby the SD card slot.
If can't find it, just ask Lorex support to check for you.

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Normally the reset button is nearby the SD card slot.
If can't find it, just ask Lorex support to check for you.
Thank you Andy, there is no SD card slot on these. I wrote an email to Lorex support, but I doubt they'd help me, cause they'll say I didn't buy from their store. They also have a tech support number I'll try to call and see if they help.

In the meanwhile, if you have any other ideas or find something out, asking about these, I'll really appreciate it. Thank you!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Use a knife to tick this black plastic cover off, the reset button should be at the front of the camera. The mini bullet normally put the reset button before it based on my experience on dahua products.

1642988365714.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Andy... Are you sure this plate comes off? I don't wanna break it man! :)
Hi @ProTapper

Search the site for this camera, perhaps other Lorex cameras .. some have modified some cameras to have stronger lenses, and there's a few photos of what he is talking about here iirc.

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @ProTapper

Search the site for this camera, perhaps other Lorex cameras .. some have modified some cameras to have stronger lenses, and there's a few photos of what he is talking about here iirc.
I know @mat200, believe me I searched before posting... Nothing specific to this camera ..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know @mat200, believe me I searched before posting... Nothing specific to this camera ..
Hi @ProTapper

Are you certain??

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @ProTapper

Are you certain??

Yes Sir... That thread has me as the last poster... No conclusion :smash:

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Friends,

Posting a solution to this in case someone goes through this in the future. So I heard back from the vendor I bought from and spent a half hour on the phone with Lorex support. There are 2 methods to reset:

1. See the attached screen shot for directions. Shout out to my friend @wittaj for having the correct hunch! I will continue to say this, until I quit this board - @wittaj is a treasure we should cherish in this community! He is simply put, Da Man! :D

2. See Lorex's response:

Connect IP Camrea to an Exteral POE switch, which is also connected to a router.
Access your router GUI and check connected devices and look for the camera.

Copy the camera IP address and paste it to the browser address bar,

If you are able to access the log in screen of teh IP camera, Use admin/admin for username and password.

if error, Please call us back to reset the password for the IPC.

We need the " Date and Serial number that shows up on the camera log in screen"
Thanks and good luck everyone!

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Friends,

Posting a solution to this in case someone goes through this in the future. So I heard back from the vendor I bought from and spent a half hour on the phone with Lorex support. There are 2 methods to reset:

1. See the attached screen shot for directions. Shout out to my friend @wittaj for having the correct hunch! I will continue to say this, until I quit this board - @wittaj is a treasure we should cherish in this community! He is simply put, Da Man! :D

2. See Lorex's response:

Thanks and good luck everyone!
Thanks @ProTapper , @EMPIRETECANDY , and @wittaj

Good work.