Do these siding clips work?

eyeflyman

n3wb
Reaction score
As to the original item in question - I have used very similar clips from amazon and they do surprisingly work pretty well. I use two per camera, just get them on loose, place the camera where you want it, then tighten them down. No damage to the siding, and they just kind of hang there, held on by the lip of the metal holding the inner lip of the siding. I've never had one fall. 4 cameras mounted in this fashion at the rental, and just one in my new home currently. About a year and a half hanging there, sun, rain, wind - no problems. Great solution if you rent and cannot modify anything. That said, now that I own a home I am buying conduit boxes to mount my cameras.

Dreamscape

n3wb
Reaction score
As to the original item in question - I have used very similar clips from amazon and they do surprisingly work pretty well. I use two per camera, just get them on loose, place the camera where you want it, then tighten them down. No damage to the siding, and they just kind of hang there, held on by the lip of the metal holding the inner lip of the siding. I've never had one fall. 4 cameras mounted in this fashion at the rental, and just one in my new home currently. About a year and a half hanging there, sun, rain, wind - no problems. Great solution if you rent and cannot modify anything. That said, now that I own a home I am buying conduit boxes to mount my cameras.
Hey thanks for the response. It's neat to hear that these are a viable solution for some situations. Once you had the cams mounted, did you water/weatherproof the back of them somehow? I'm sure this will be super helpful to some, thanks again