Do Not Purchase Anything from Aliexpress seller, Sincerity Trade co., LTD/hong zhang

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Do Not Purchase Anything from Aliexpress seller, Sincerity Trade co., LTD/hong zh

if you have anything connecting to the axis MJPEG Video URI it will switch from h264 to MJPEG automatically.. If your camera is switching from h264 to MJPEG, this is why.

check your viewing software is setup correctly.
I use Internet Explorer or Fire Fox to view live feed from Dahua cam when home on LAN. I have not loaded Smart PSS. On my android device I use gDMSS lite, or IP Cam Viewer to view video from outside router. I did create a Dahua DDNS with no problem.

Nayr, where do I look for an axis MJPEG Video URI?

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Re: Do Not Purchase Anything from Aliexpress seller, Sincerity Trade co., LTD/hong zh

Hong Zhang sounds like a nasty douchebag...but what on Earth did you expect for $76.95 from a Chinese stranger? View attachment 11578
Liar was not the best choice of words but I suspect the OP may be suffering from a lost in translation more than anything because from where I sit it doesn't appear that there is anything wrong with the camera rather he needs some technical support with setting up the firmware, and wants some reassurances that the camera isn't going to cook itself.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/mCmQX3E

The feedback score for the seller tells a very different story to the one the OP is telling.

You essentially disputed the total amount paid. Did you not understand that? The options that can come from that include partial refund, refund or return. So you did effectively start a return despite checking the "No I don't want to return" box.
And I think this is where the issue started. That straight up reads like he wants his money back and he wants to keep the camera. I know the OP has said that is not his intention but that is how it comes across. Add in a lack of understanding of English, some Chinese cultural expectations, and it isn't hard to see how feathers could be ruffled.

I had let it go, but when I received the email from Hong Zhang yesterday calling me a liar again, that pissed me off. If he was smart he should have let it go. He better hope Aliexpress does not ask me to rate my purchase.
OP I think you need a quick primer in Chinese culture. The customer is always right doesn't fly in China because for the customer to be right someone must be wrong and losing face is bad in Asian culture. Be objective, be very clear about what you want and offer them a way out that makes them look good.

For Example:

You Said:

[FONT=&amp]I received my first Dahua camera a few days ago. The cam is having the following problems. 1) When I set Date&Time by "Sync PC "or manually setting, after approximately 5 minutes the time resets to being one hour off (example, instead of displaying 8:00am, 7:00am is displayed, off by an hour every time). Yes "save succeeded" is displayed every time after I set the correct time. 2) When I change the main video stream encode to H264, FPS to 20, and Bit Rate Type to VBR, the setting reverts back to original settings MJPEG and CBR. Yes "save succeeded" with the green check circle is displayed when I save my settings. 3) One other concern I have is the ball gets pretty warm, even on the bottom. When the IR is on the ball gets hot. I would prefer to turn the IR off. There is no way to turn IR off as is on my Hikvision cam. [/FONT]
In the bolded part you already had him off side because that translates to you saying he sold you a broken camera. He loses face from the word go. In China that causes offence. In your mind you were requesting reasonable Customer Service. In his you were the rudest kind of customer.

You could have said:
[FONT=&amp]I received my first Dahua camera a few days ago, thankyou for posting it so quickly. I am having some difficulty setting my camera up correctly. You have far more knowledge and experience with these things than I do and I was hoping you could tell me what I am doing wrong. [FONT=&amp]When I set Date&Time by "Sync PC "or manually setting, after approximately 5 minutes the time resets to being one hour off (for example, instead of displaying 8:00am, 7:00am is displayed, off by an hour every time). Also when I change the main video stream encode to H264, FPS to 20, and Bit Rate Type to VBR, the setting reverts back to original settings MJPEG and CBR. I get the save succeeded message so I am not sure where I am going wrong. Also my camera feels quite hot even inside in the air-conditioning. Is this normal? Also I would like to be able to turn off the IR. Is there a way to do this? Thankyou in advance for your help.

Same message, same problems, but now he isn't a man who sold you a broken camera, he is the man that can help fix the issues "you" are having. It's a subtle but important difference. If your ego wont let you be the problem and stroke the other guys ego a little bit to get you the outcome you want then maybe Ali-Express is not for you and you would be more comfortable with US based sites like Amazon.
[/FONT][/FONT]

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

For Krikey's sakes Anto. Let it go.

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Liar was not the best choice of words but I suspect the OP may be suffering from a lost in translation more than anything because from where I sit it doesn't appear that there is anything wrong with the camera rather he needs some technical support with setting up the firmware, and wants some reassurances that the camera isn't going to cook itself.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/clcCW58U

The feedback score for the seller tells a very different story to the one the OP is telling.
I stopped reading your post after the last sentence of the first paragraph. You must believe I am a fool if you want me to believe the feedback scores at Aliexpress. Evidently you have not read what other members of this community have written how the feedback scores are a bunch of "baloney".

BTW, I want to make sure nothing is lost in the translation..."baloney" means nonsense, rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Buying a camera from the Chinese Black Market and then expecting ANY kind of support is baloney, nonsense and rubbish.. once you have your product, consider the transaction finalized.. if you dont like that, buy it from anywhere else but AliBaba/Express

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I stopped reading your post after the last sentence of the first paragraph. You must believe I am a fool if you want me to believe the feedback scores at Aliexpress. Evidently you have not read what other members of this community have written how the feedback scores are a bunch of "baloney".

BTW, I want to make sure nothing is lost in the translation..."baloney" means nonsense, rubbish.

Looks like you can get this model on ebay for $85 or best offer and they take paypal. I think that would be ideal for anyone else looking to get one of these. Paypal and ebay's dispute process are pretty great if there are any issues. The seller has 100% positive non-baloney feedback as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-265-DaHua-HDW4431C-A-Built-in-mic-Microphone-Turret-IP67-IR-50m-Camera-POE-4MP-/252424989624

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

SyconsciousAu, I wouldn't talk if I was you. You made an arsehole of yourself in this community believing Aliexpresses' feedback scores. Maybe you should read what senior members like Nayr and others have written about Aliexpress.

Billn

n3wb
Reaction score

Re:
"1) When I set Date&Time by "Sync PC "or manually setting, after approximately 5 minutes the time resets to being one hour off (example, instead of displaying 8:00am, 7:00am is displayed, off by an hour every time). Yes "save succeeded" is displayed every time after I set the correct time. "

Just a heads up:
I have the same model Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A with the same problem as above. I've determine the DST setting will not stick. I set the correct time, time zone, and DST settings, but time decrements by one hour within 5 minute duration. Work around is setting time zone that has 1 hour offset.

While I do NOT have the other 2 problems listed by OP, I do have a different problem with the camera-resident webplugin.exe. It fails to install with error "The signature of this program is corrupt or invalid". I'm not attempting to install this browser plugin with boosted admin privs. The result is I can't display camera's video stream while directly connecting to camera with 2 different browsers, but BI display works fine.

I have 3 different Dahua model types under evaluation but this is the only model that I've experienced firmware issues. Has anyone else encounter firmware issue with other Dahua models?

Further, I happened to buy it from very same seller as OP. I'm satisfied with their communications and their solution attempts however, I'm convinced both are Dahua firmware issues and out of their control.

Everything else seems solid. I will live with manually manipulating time zone every six months when DST changes.

Last edited by a moderator: