Do any cameras use full size SD cards?

Y2K38

n3wb
Reaction score
Climbing up a ladder, opening the camera, and taking out the tiny MicroSD card to then have it fall down in the grass can't be the start of a good day. Everything I've seen is Micro SD. You could throw an SD card anywhere in the grass and it wouldn't be hard for me to find it. It won't sink down in between the grass like a Micro SD can.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Climbing up a ladder, opening the camera, and taking out the tiny MicroSD card to then have it fall down in the grass can't be the start of a good day. Everything I've seen is Micro SD. You could throw an SD card anywhere in the grass and it wouldn't be hard for me to find it. It won't sink down in between the grass like a Micro SD can.
I think all newer models use the smaller SD card format ( MicroSD card )

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe some large industrial camera would have it, but most want smaller cameras and that is partially achieved with either no card slot or a MicroSD card.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why were you taking the card out of the camera? Most cameras, you can view whatever is on the card from the camera web interface.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Agreed, if something is going to happen while up on a ladder its going to be a screw, lens cover, memory card, to the entire assembly dropping on to the ground! This is why it's important to place a plastic drop cloth with a moving blanket. Something drops on to the ground no worries its going to be on the drop cloth and won't go far. Can't tell you how many stories I've read where someone was Just doing some quick work and it ended poorly! :facepalm:

Losing a memory card is a little bit of money and time . . .

Dropping an entire camera at 25-35 feet without the dome cover is going to hurt and cost you some financial pain. :(