DMSS question

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The other option using IP is to setup OpenVPN on your router if possible and the client on your phone. Then your "Home/local profile will be same as sitting in your lounge chair at home.

SledMack

n3wb
Reaction score
The other option using IP is to setup OpenVPN on your router if possible and the client on your phone. Then your "Home/local profile will be same as sitting in your lounge chair at home.
So that is a really great solution!

But with the local connection/IP added NVR, is there a way to view the alarm list? It's frustrating that they hold back some features in the app for those who get an account with them. I can delete the cameras and add them in the order I want them to be viewed in the app. My wife will just be stuck with my preferences.

ETA - Well, that's going to take some more research on my part. I got part way through the configuration, but I don't know how to get my phone to connect to the NVR through the VPN. My router said it was working and connected, I just couldn't get through to the NVR from the outside. Maybe tomorrow it will be clearer.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I just tried again.
Connected to Wifi I still have to enable P2P for alarms (pic and video link) and push notifications AND I still had to be logged into their account to view the alarms :confused:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
If you are using DMSS with an active account and want to use it on another DMSS app, you need to use the share device function on the main DMSS app to link it to another DMSS app on a different device. I have not use this function on DMSS before but I have use it on other Dahus white label products which have similar function.

SledMack

n3wb
Reaction score
If you are using DMSS with an active account and want to use it on another DMSS app, you need to use the share device function on the main DMSS app to link it to another DMSS app on a different device. I have not use this function on DMSS before but I have use it on other Dahus white label products which have similar function.
I tried sharing between my phone and ipad. Because they both use the same email address, it won't allow it. Is there something I'm missing? I don't feel like creating another email address just to get around this.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried sharing between my phone and ipad. Because they both use the same email address, it won't allow it. Is there something I'm missing? I don't feel like creating another email address just to get around this.
You have to create another email address. That the purpose of sharing device so if you were to lose or other device got stolen then you could just stop sharing that device.