DMSS push notifications with 1.92.004

gsmithsa

n3wb
Reaction score
My iOS DMSS auto-updated ~5 days ago to 1.92.004

Previously working push notifications from my VTO2202F now no longer happen.

I can still access the VTO camera remotely (and trigger an attached door unlock) via DMSS, but no push

In DMSS, Tool Manager, Push Notifications, I get 'Error:21', Network Error

The VTO has complete outgoing internet access

After reading some earlier threads here, I also forwarded port 8888 to the VTO, but it's made no difference

I also updated VTO firmware to 4.500.0000000.8.R, (from .5.R), but no difference

It's the same on my wife's iPhone, so I can only presume it's this recent app update that has broken something

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution ?

Reaction score
Just found this site as I'm experiencing problems with notifications. I'm just an end user with only most basic understanding. I've been using dmss for connecting to my 2 month old dahua based cctv system. I'm on android and noticed last week that notifications had stopped coming through. Several reports since on Google Play Store. Reinstalling didn't help. However mysteriously they started working again 2 days ago but then stopped again yesterday. Still not working as I type.

So I'm sorry that I can't help with a fix but it seems you're not alone!

mreg

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a VTO2211G-WP which had software firmware 4.500.0000000.8.R.210203, push notification worked, meaning that if pressed the call button on VTO my iPhone DMSS app was ringing.
Uninspired, I have updated to firmware 2021-08-12 V4.500.0000002.0.R and now it's not ringing anymore. As above said, all functions work as before except the ringing.

Anybody called DAHUA for this and found out what to do?

Where can I find the FW 4.500.0000000.8.R from 2021-02-03? On dahua site only the latest is available which is wrong.

Reaction score
VTO notifications & alerts are sent out by the VTO itself to either Google or iOS push notification services, and then to your smartphone. Anytime "issues" arise with not getting notifications, there are 3 things to look into. Wireshark testing will help greatly to determine this. My bet is if everything worked months & weeks before and then suddenly not working, it's the push notification service being temp offline.

Reaction score
I have a VTO2211G-WP which had software firmware 4.500.0000000.8.R.210203, push notification worked, meaning that if pressed the call button on VTO my iPhone DMSS app was ringing.
Uninspired, I have updated to firmware 2021-08-12 V4.500.0000002.0.R and now it's not ringing anymore. As above said, all functions work as before except the ringing.

Anybody called DAHUA for this and found out what to do?

Where can I find the FW 4.500.0000000.8.R from 2021-02-03? On dahua site only the latest is available which is wrong.
interesting that a FW would do this. Are you able to use Wireshark to see what's going on? i'm curious if the VTO is still trying the same IP domain for notification services.

mreg

n3wb
Reaction score
Returned the VTO to the seller. But I'm still interested if anybody got the same error, just in case I buy another VTO.

Atriensis

n3wb
Reaction score
I ran into the same problem with my mobile push notifications suddenly not working. Error 21 was (and still is) present, but seems unrelated (Maybe because cloud service is disabled?). The problem was that I had unchecked the SIP server enable. I didn't set up a SIP server and the IP goes to nothing, but as soon as I rechecked the box, it started working again (Web Service: Network -> SIP Server). Note that the initial mobile notification on VTO bootup was working the whole time. Now if I could get it to allow people to leave messages if I don't answer...