DMSS notifications stopped after upgrade to Virgin Hub 5

LukeStonio

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

As the title suggests, I recently “upgraded” to Virgin’s Hub 5 from their Hub 3. As soon as I did this my DMSS notifications have stopped for both me and my girlfriend.

On the previous hub I had no port forwarding rules or anything of that nature, the notifications just worked with the hub’s default settings.

I’ve factory reset my NVR a few times with no avail. Has anyone else experienced the same? I’m a little lost when it comes to networking and port forwarding etc. thanks!

p.s I have ordered an Asus router to see if that will solve the problem (and allow me more configuration options if needed).

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We’re you trying to receive ivs alerts, motion?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I do not know this HUB thingy, but ain't there a (firewall) log which indicates, at timing of an IVS alarm (this should be visible on the NVR) versus any entries in that log file?

Now p2p is not the most secured way-of-working, and especially if you're heading towards ASUS, you can opt to deploy a VPN server on it so you're not dependant on P2P infrastructure anymore.

LukeStonio

n3wb
Reaction score
I do not know this HUB thingy, but ain't there a (firewall) log which indicates, at timing of an IVS alarm (this should be visible on the NVR) versus any entries in that log file?

Now p2p is not the most secured way-of-working, and especially if you're heading towards ASUS, you can opt to deploy a VPN server on it so you're not dependant on P2P infrastructure anymore.
Unfortunately not with the Virgin hub as far as I can work out. Hoping that is something I’ll be able to do with the ASUS hub. And yes, this would penitentially be something to look at after I get the notifications back online.