DMSS not sending Push notifications to my phone

angeconi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
All of a sudden not getting notifications to my phone from the DMSS app - so i dont see if someone is calling or if someone is coming up the drive ?
I have to physically open the open which defeats the whole purpose
THe app is not even showing up in my app notification list - i have a samsung Z fold

Has anyone else had this issue

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It happens from time to time if a P2P server is down. And that is geographic specific, so it may be working fine in the USA but not where you are momentarily.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I find that Dahua DMSS does not send my phone's OS a notification when connected via VPN to my home.
Notifications come through fine on home Wifi or with no VPN on cellular.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an interesting find with my DMSS problem on IOS app. Since couple months ago the notifications are not coming or has big delay from the NVR when added in DMSS. If I add each camera individually in DMSS each camera sends the push notifications instantly for tripwire and intrusion. So I have no clue what has happened on mine - was thinking to do a factory reset of the Dahua DHI-NVR5216-4KS2 NVR and upgrade the firmware to the new 4.0 maybe that will work.

LukeStonio

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve been experiencing the same over the past few months, some notifications make it through to my phone, some don’t. All are delayed however. Nothing has changed other than DMSS app updates so I am assuming that is the problem. After spending many hours troubleshooting this issue before and it being fixed with an update of the DMSS app, I don’t fancy wasting tens of hours investigating again!

angeconi

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve been experiencing the same over the past few months, some notifications make it through to my phone, some don’t. All are delayed however. Nothing has changed other than DMSS app updates so I am assuming that is the problem. After spending many hours troubleshooting this issue before and it being fixed with an update of the DMSS app, I don’t fancy wasting tens of hours investigating again!
I agree its the app - i updated the firmware and it worked for a while - now when it stops i go into the app =turn notifications off - do a force stop and then turn them back on does the trick for about 24 hours !